What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi  (Read 8340 times)

Mbains

Jacuzzi
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:18:32 am »
Hello we are trying to buy our first hot tub. We are looking at jacuzzi in particular f 365 we are being quoted $9000 for hot tub, steps, cover etc does that seem fair. I can't find much info on price comparisons

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:18:32 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 12:38:29 pm »
 9000 would be a very good price for a J-365

JBarrett

Re: Jacuzzi v Bullfrog
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 04:42:20 pm »
We're looking at a J-375 but are torn between that and the Bullfrog R7. We've been in both and both offer very different styles of relaxation. My wife is partial to the look and feel of the J-375 and I'm partial to the performance of the R7. Both are coming in around the 11k mark...both with typical bells/whistles (cover/lifter, start up chems, set up, delivery etc)
Right now we're looking for an educated coin to flip...anyone?

wt21

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 06:44:32 pm »
We're looking at a J-375 but are torn between that and the Bullfrog R7. We've been in both and both offer very different styles of relaxation. My wife is partial to the look and feel of the J-375 and I'm partial to the performance of the R7. Both are coming in around the 11k mark...both with typical bells/whistles (cover/lifter, start up chems, set up, delivery etc)

You didn't mention the dealer. Check the dealer rep (angie's list, yelp, etc.), have they been around, do they do their own servicing, etc. I really like the Bullfrog, but in my area, the dealers are not great (closest one doesn't do their own servicing, and the next nearest one is an hour away, and the next one is much farther than that).

JBarrett

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 08:00:01 am »
Both dealers are in town (London, ON) - Bullfrog has techs on staff and available at regular business hours. Jacuzzi's tech dept is out of Kitchener (approx 1hr away) and I suspect they only service London once every week or two dependant on service needs. I'm somewhat nervous about Jacuzzi not being the same reputable name they once were before they were bought and sold several times over the last decade. Hoping someone like Jacuzzi Jim might shed some light on this.

Racenut

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 01:57:38 pm »
Hoping someone like Jacuzzi Jim might shed some light on this.

I'm pretty sure Jacuzzi Jim now sells Bullfrog instead of Jacuzzi  ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 02:39:08 pm »

I think they brought is Bullfrog as a second brand to go along with Jacuzzi.

I don't think he jumped ship, he just got a second boat!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 02:42:02 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

icenogle

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 03:23:07 pm »
pretty sure he is Bullfrog only no more Jacuzzi, unless he has a couple left overs

JBarrett

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 03:34:45 pm »
Well, I'd sure welcome his thoughts on this. We are hoping to pull the trigger end of this week...Looking to find an amenable end to the Bullfrog/Jacuzzi 1st world problem.

Racenut

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 03:37:11 pm »
Just do what I did.... Ribbit!  :D

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 05:17:37 pm »

I think they brought is Bullfrog as a second brand to go along with Jacuzzi.

I don't think he jumped ship, he just got a second boat!  ;)

I'm about 99% sure he mentioned to me that they are Bullfrog only...no more Jacuzzi

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 05:28:46 pm »

If your're truly to the point of flipping a coin then I'd buy the Bullfrog simply because it was built by American workers in the USA :-)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 07:04:37 pm »
Both dealers are in town (London, ON) - Bullfrog has techs on staff and available at regular business hours. Jacuzzi's tech dept is out of Kitchener (approx 1hr away) and I suspect they only service London once every week or two dependant on service needs. I'm somewhat nervous about Jacuzzi not being the same reputable name they once were before they were bought and sold several times over the last decade. Hoping someone like Jacuzzi Jim might shed some light on this.

I would rather see you buy a Bullfrog  ;)  That being said Jacuzzi is still building a great spa, the issues I have is dealer support which has been really lacking, and parts shipments taking forever to get.   Quality still seems to be very good.

Jacuzzi and Sundance as well as Hot Springs are losing floor space to Bullfrog spa's.  I know Jacuzzi and Sundance are not really very happy with that right now.     And yes we are Bullfrog only with one Jacuzzi  J-325 in stock. 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 09:24:56 pm »

I would rather see you buy a Bullfrog  ;)  That being said Jacuzzi is still building a great spa, the issues I have is dealer support which has been really lacking, and parts shipments taking forever to get.   Quality still seems to be very good.

Jacuzzi and Sundance as well as Hot Springs are losing floor space to Bullfrog spa's.  I know Jacuzzi and Sundance are not really very happy with that right now.     And yes we are Bullfrog only with one Jacuzzi  J-325 in stock.

I am curious where Hot Spring, Sundance and Jacuzzi are losing floor space (other than with you).  I know in our neck of the woods they took space from Marquis.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 09:30:01 pm »

I am curious where Hot Spring, Sundance and Jacuzzi are losing floor space (other than with you).  I know in our neck of the woods they took space from Marquis.

In my area 2 pretty good sized jacuzzi dealers switched to bullfrog. I think a lot of jacuzzis key guys went to bullfrog so I'm thinking that's why. Are you in Connecticut dan?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 09:30:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42