What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Disappointed with my Jacuzzi delivery today  (Read 10360 times)

icenogle

Re: So angry at Jacuzzi right now
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 05:31:04 pm »
Amy,

I have posted a similar situation, but different.  It was also Jacuzzi.  As Jacuzzi Jim says I'm not mad at Jacuzzi, but at the dealership.  Then I think about it and that is JACUZZI.  I do like the color I received probably better than what I originally ordered, but maybe I am trying to fool myself.

I ordered a Titanium color tub.  It was amazing it was supposed to take 4 weeks or so for delivery but it was much faster.  I was planning on it being longer but it arrived in about 18 days.  They said it was in a wreck and mine was the ONLY ONE that was damaged.

They gave me option.  They would re-order and it would take however long it took or take what they had in stock which was white.  They said they would provide some freebies for my "Trouble".  I went with the white and was looking forward to whatever freebies I got. 

The freebies was a pair of filters - $85 dollar value.  I was hoping for something better, but it is what it is.

The next time I went to the store to get my freebie and buy some aroma stuff the sales person said the whole shipment was in a wreck.

So the stories  just don't jive.

I wasn't believing the guy when he originally told me the story, who was calling from the Renton, Washington local Jacuzzi headquarters, but I thought maybe I was over thinking it.

I was going to let it drop cause Jacuzzi Jim made me feel bad about my accusations, but now you just opened up my wound that had just barely healed.

Like I have said I do like the colors I now have and this tub is great.  I just don't believe the people told me the truth.

Now with your story, I really have my doubts.

$500 dollars sounds good as long as you are happy. 

I'm sure my $85 filters cost them less than half of that.  Kind of disappointed that was the best they could come up with, but I not going to ask for more. 

I'll just tell my story and when I buy my final hot tub in 10 years for my retirement gift to myself it won't be a Jacuzzi.

Jacuzzi Jim sounds like a great guy and I still look forward to meeting him someday in the future (lives locally), but it appears sales people, managers, etc think differently than consumers.

I live in Burien and bought from Aquaquip in Federal Way where are you located.

Be interesting if others have had his same-thing occur.  This happened about 30 days ago, maybe this is one of their new business practices.

Don
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:45:29 pm by icenogle »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 05:31:04 pm »

amy2421

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 06:50:03 pm »
Don, I was reminded of your situation when I got the phone call this morning, and I too was skeptical especially after recalling that the same thing happened to you. I think I would have had a much harder time if the shell color had been wrong instead of the skirt color, because most of the skirt will be covered up in our installation. I'm still not 100% happy and I still think the original color would have worked better, but this was the only way I was getting the tub delivered today and any delay would have created a problem with the rest of our work being done.

However I remember telling you at the time that the color combination you ended up with looked really nice, so I am trying not to hate the colors I got just because they aren't exactly what I ordered.

Jacuzzi Jim, I understand your point that it is not the manufacturer's fault, but in our area all the Jacuzzi locations are owned by one company so there is no other option, therefore they do seem like the equivalent of the manufacturer in our area.

I am still waiting for the dealer to come through with what they promised me today. I am supposed to hear back tomorrow morning, so hopefully they are good to their word now that the tub is off the truck, sitting in my backyard, and my bank draft is in their hands.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 07:50:08 pm »
  I do get where you guys are coming from.  But  99.99% of the time it's a dealer issue, and they are the ones that need to take care of the customer.   I can tell you Jacuzzi did not get the order/color wrong on the order, the dealer did.  Now operation wise of a spa, if the dealer doesn't take care of you absolutely call the mnfg and try to get them to resolve it.    And in 14 years of dealing with Jacuzzi, Artesian or Cal-spa that has never happened in my world.   

Icenogle appreciate what you said, but Aquaquip is not Jacuzzi nor Sundance which they sell as well.   Jacuzzi is also not the trucking company that damaged the spa if it really happened.    If it did happen Aquaquip would have filed a claim with the trucking company, not Jacuzzi.  Who knows maybe they got a free spa insurance wise from the trucking company but the reimbursement dang sure didn't come from Jacuzzi.  Aquaquip paid Jacuzzi for that spa and there is no refunds. 

I know it's easy to be mad at the brand but again it is the dealer that takes care of the customer, specially when it's issues that you two have dealt with.

And WTF am I defending Jacuzzi I have no idea, I no longer sell them.   But what I said is true of any spa brand.

amy2421

Re: Disappointed with my Jacuzzi delivery today
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 07:57:17 pm »
I edited the thread subject because it is not Jacuzzi I am disappointed with.... Regardless of skirt color, the tub looks beautiful and I can't wait to get our work done, get it filled & heated, and jump into it! I sure hope everything works properly because I can't take any more!!! But my disappointment is either with the dealer for ordering it wrong or inputting it incorrectly into their system, or maybe Jacuzzi made the tub with the wrong skirt, or maybe they really did give my tub to someone else and I ended up getting what was left over. I am sure I will never really know.

icenogle

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 08:32:17 pm »
I can say this J-345 made by Jacuzzi has worked flawlessly for over 30 days.  I am happy with that, it's a good start to many years of use.  Looking at my Jacuzzi broucher I am pretty sure that there is not a color Jacuzzi or any other brand has that I would not like.  When I'm soaking in it I'm not looking to see if the color scheme matches the color of my grass or cement pad, I'm just enjoying it. 

I'm not mad at Jacuzzi.  I'm not mad at anybody, I just won't go to Aquaquip in the future.  I would be willing to bet if something does breakdown I won't go to them for warranty work.  I just don't trust them.  I'll figure it out myself and take care of it another way. 

Just like I don't trust the dealership I bought my truck from to do the free oil changes.  Either I do it or take it to a shop that I have trusted for many years now.

Anyways, post some pics of your tub when everything is settled.   

amy2421

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 10:59:25 pm »
Well that is a good point, at the end of the day if it works beautifully I won't be as concerned about the color switch. I just hope the dealer comes through with what they said they would and I can move on and just enjoy it.

Tonight I got a fortune cookie and the fortune said "After today, all your stress will be gone"... so hopefully that's a good omen. :)

dishdude

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 12:15:55 am »
You know life's good when the most stressful thing in your life is the color of your hot tub.

amy2421

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 01:04:46 am »
I WISH it was the MOST stressful thing in my life! LOL ... it IS stressful when you're spending $15K and it isn't what you ordered. But I certainly have more stressful things going on... so this was really the icing on the cake.

lehacf

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2015, 01:14:30 pm »
This sounds like a very good price.

Jacuzzi Jim,

Can you chime in and let us know from your experience on how to get the best price on Jacuzzi tubs? The price that Amy paid is $15k Canadian which translates to around $11.2K USD. I was quoted around $2k more then that for the the same tub. Is it just the local dealers in Connecticut that are greedy or is it Jacuzzi's general approach to the market? What is typical dealer's markup and how to get the best price possible? Thank you.

amy2421

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 01:42:36 pm »
This sounds like a very good price.

Jacuzzi Jim,

Can you chime in and let us know from your experience on how to get the best price on Jacuzzi tubs? The price that Amy paid is $15k Canadian which translates to around $11.2K USD. I was quoted around $2k more then that for the the same tub. Is it just the local dealers in Connecticut that are greedy or is it Jacuzzi's general approach to the market? What is typical dealer's markup and how to get the best price possible? Thank you.

I recall seeing others post on here that the same tub ran them around $10K US including the stereo. Not sure what part of the US they were in, though.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:25:55 pm by amy2421 »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 03:32:18 pm »
 Its really up to the dealer what he needs to ask for and still stay in business. Jacuzzi does not dictate that.   We were selling the J-365 for 9700.00 or so, my low ball number was 8995.00.   If the spa was a funky color combo or had been around for awhile I might go to 8595.00 to move it, but not often.    Cost on spa's like Hot Springs, Jacuzzi and Sundance are actually higher than most people think.  Then you have to add shipping, delivery and commission as well as well as anything else to stay in business. 

lehacf

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 03:42:12 pm »
Just called local dealer basic J-470 is offered for $12.9k (truckload deal) with typical price being $13.6k. Standard offer tub+cover+lifter+steps+delivery. I personally think that this is price about $2k more than what it should have been.

ryan5508

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 11:25:54 pm »
our J-585 showed up last week. When I got home I found it did not have the stereo upgrade and the moving guys had cracked/ scratched up the side panels.

We are currently using this tub but have a replacement on order for it.

Our sales guy was great though and brought us a $400 outdoor Bluetooth speaker to use for the time being.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 11:29:03 pm »
It is pretty weird that it keeps happening with the jacuzzi brand. Maybe it is the factory, I think most of there employees are now bullfrog employees

amy2421

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 08:11:46 am »
Sorry to hear that Ryan5508... it is too bad when you anticipate something and spend a lot of money on it and it isn't the "Christmas morning" experience you had hoped for. I know this is a "first-world-problem", I get that, but we also saved for a long time and dreamed about owning a hot tub for years before this became a reality. I heard some cracking when my tub was delivered on Monday. I asked our contractor about it and he said it was probably the sides flexing. He pressed on one of the sides and it made a similar sound. Now that I read your situation, I hope they didn't crack the sides. It is harder to tell with the 400-series because the sides look like vertical slats.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 08:11:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42