What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Disappointed with my Jacuzzi delivery today  (Read 10284 times)

amy2421

Disappointed with my Jacuzzi delivery today
« on: September 28, 2015, 12:31:59 pm »
My delivery is supposed to be 2 hours from now and I just got a call that the color of our tub is wrong. We ordered it 3 months ago so we would get exactly what we wanted. I think they gave ours away to someone else, because it came in at the end of July, and now they are trying to give us what is left at the end of the season.

The cabinet is the wrong color, so they suggested they could come back in 3 weeks and change the sides. We are having our deck built around it so I am not happy with that solution. They are offering no compensation whatsoever. Or we can wait another 4 weeks to order the color that we ordered 3 months ago.

Simply unbelievable Jacuzzi.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:37:50 pm by amy2421 »

Hot Tub Forum

Disappointed with my Jacuzzi delivery today
« on: September 28, 2015, 12:31:59 pm »

Water Boy

Re: So angry at Jacuzzi right now
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 12:41:40 pm »
Sorry to hear that. I will say though, even spa dealers are human, and are prone to mistakes like this from time to time. I had almost the exact same situation happen to me. Customer ordered spa exactly how they wanted it. It came in like a month later, and they didn't take delivery until three months down the road. I kept the spa packaged the whole time until we delivered it. Upon opening it, they discovered I had ordered the wrong color. I felt terrible.

I was willing to work with that customer for my mistake, so I would think that your local Jacuzzi dealer would as well. I would remain calm, and go into the store and speak with the owner or manager, and let them know you aren't happy about it. Maybe they would be willing to work with you some then.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

lehacf

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 12:51:18 pm »
Sorry to hear that. I know how excited you were waiting for you tub to come in and now that major disappointment. I would not go with the option of changing sides on already installed tub. The less anyone touches the tub or works on it the better I think it would work and longer it will last.

I would ask dealer for the order details as it got submitted to the factory and try to figure out where the problem happened. Was it the dealer who gave your tub away, or was it the order that was placed incorrectly. Depending on the outcome I would then contact the factory and made a big stink about the whole thing.

Give your ordered product away to someone else actually happened to me back in 2012 when we were buying new Nissan Altima. I went to the dealer and placed the order. Vehicle was supposed to take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Two days later I called back and tried to cancel the whole thing. The following day I had my car delivered to me. I guess some poor guy had to wait another four weeks to get his.

amy2421

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 01:07:31 pm »
Sorry to hear that. I know how excited you were waiting for you tub to come in and now that major disappointment. I would not go with the option of changing sides on already installed tub. The less anyone touches the tub or works on it the better I think it would work and longer it will last.

I would ask dealer for the order details as it got submitted to the factory and try to figure out where the problem happened. Was it the dealer who gave your tub away, or was it the order that was placed incorrectly. Depending on the outcome I would then contact the factory and made a big stink about the whole thing.

I didn't like the suggested option of changing the sides either. I've been waiting over an hour for the manager to call me. It is so disappointing to have waited this long and be spending this much money, to feel like I'm now being treated like this before I hand over a very large check.

lehacf

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 01:20:05 pm »
I would probably start calling Jacuzzi by now. If my day got ruined by dealer like that I would certainly give it my best to ruin it for the dealer as well.

amy2421

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 01:27:51 pm »
I would probably start calling Jacuzzi by now. If my day got ruined by dealer like that I would certainly give it my best to ruin it for the dealer as well.

I've called, I have reached my salesperson easily but head office was a 16 minute hold, then I've been told several times the manager is calling me back "momentarily", but still no phone call. The delivery was supposed to be at 2pm, their last spot of the day, so now the salesman isn't even sure they can deliver it today even if I wanted it.

lehacf

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 01:39:47 pm »
If you have other Jacuzzi dealers in the area, I would also call them and try to negotiate a better price and then would take my money to them. You are definitely not going to get your tub today, but then on a positive side you can use that to your advantage of trying to negotiate a better price or get some money back.

You can also threaten cancellation to your current dealer, I am sure they won't want to tie their cash on your tub.

wt21

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 01:41:19 pm »
Isn't there another recent thread on this exact same issue, except the warehouse accidentally damaged the poster's unit, so the poster either had to wait 3 more weeks, or take what was on hand?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:48:14 pm by wt21 »

lehacf

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 01:43:20 pm »
Yes, pretty much squeaky wheel gets all "grease" (tub in this case)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 02:39:09 pm »
  Again people it's not the manufacturers fault  ::)   Be mad at the dealer.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 02:48:58 pm »
Its difficult to say who exactly was the party that screwed up the color but its up to the dealer to make things right whether that's in conjunction with the manufacturer or on their own.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

amy2421

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 03:00:39 pm »
Initially they offered me nothing, but then the manager offered a $500 refund and threw in a J1000 remote if I would still take delivery on the platinum with mahogany skirt. Note that we don't have the stereo package but I understand it works to control the jets/lights/etc remotely even without the stereo - someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

Does that seem like a fair trade-off for accepting the wrong color?

lehacf

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 03:05:14 pm »
Yes, now we are getting somewhere. It depends on the importance of the color scheme to you. I would also ask them to throw some chemicals into that as well. Value to you will be more than the purchase price for them.

Racenut

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 03:15:48 pm »
$500 and a remote seems like a reasonable consolation to me, but it just depends how important cabinet color is to you.

amy2421

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:12 pm »
I don't know how much the remote is worth.

The cabinet color was important because it tied into our whole color scheme of our backyard reno, but with the height of the deck only about 10" of the skirt will be visible between the top of the deck and bottom of the shell. I still think the Silverwood skirt would have looked better, but I also feel like there aren't any options because we can't wait another 4 weeks (our deck is being built as we speak) and I don't really like the idea of changing the skirt later.

It just sucks because we had it all planned out so well and ordered it way in advance for that reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42