What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does anyone own a QCA Spa purchased from a dealer not a big box store?  (Read 5476 times)

QC Loto

I live in the Quad Cities and have been looking around at the different spa manufactures.  I visited a QCA spa dealer and was impressed with the price and apparent build quality.  However, when looking for reviews, the only thing I can find is very old post on this site or glowing reviews on the Home Depot website.  The spas sold at Home Depot are not the same as the ones manufactured and sold by dealers.

Here is a link to their website so everyone know what I'm talking about. http://qcaspas.com/

The price out the door seems to be about 20% less then comparable models from the big manufactures and they have a sale coming up at the end of September which would make it even more attractive. 

So, does anyone have first any relatively recent experience with a QCA Spa purchased from a dealer?

Here is a manufacturing video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElOritWc2w

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Does anyone own a QCA Spa purchased from a dealer not a big box store?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:30:26 pm »
  I don't know anything about them, but looking at the website they appear to be just another off the shelf component spa with a crap load of jets.   "Patented hydrotherapy" kinda cracks me up.

Overall they look ok for a price point spa.  If your looking at a 6000 plus dollar budget I think/know you can do better.   

QC Loto

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 06:44:41 pm »
What do you  mean by off the shelf component?

In the $6k range what would you recommend?  I do not see anything in that range for 5-6 people from the big boys.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 08:20:25 pm »
What do you  mean by off the shelf component?

In the $6k range what would you recommend?  I do not see anything in that range for 5-6 people from the big boys.

It only means they buy generic components from distributors  and build the spa.  Nothing wrong with it, quite a few mfg do it as well.  Even the big boys get their parts from somewhere the difference would be the quality of the parts and overall construction.    Odd they have been around since 1966 and I have never heard of them, do not remember ever seeing them in Vegas.  Reading reviews they appear to have good customer service.

Price wise in the 6000 range what do you have for other dealer around you.   Jacuzzi, Sundance and Hot Springs all have spa's in the 5995.00 to 7500 range usually.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:11:53 pm »
They're a regional brand. Prolly no desire to go national (or international), hence they wouldn't be at a national show. Heck, there's lots of brands that have never been to Vegas.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:11:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42