What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Refund  (Read 2614 times)

jbequer

Refund
« on: September 03, 2015, 09:47:18 am »
Hi all, need some advice. I ordered a Hot Spot Rhythm spa from dealer, dealer agreed to total price after i had pre delivery instruction completed. I ran a line from main to disconnect box as stated in instructions. Now the dealer said that i was to run a line from disconnect box to the spa when he originally said that this would be taken care by them when installed. I feel as though he is trying to get some more money in his pocket after i ordered it.
In the contract it states that i am responsible from the main panel to and including the disconnect box which i have, nowhere does it say to have the line from the disconnect box to the spa ready. After speaking with other spa places , they said they include that section.
The main thing is that the spa is still in his warehouse and has not been delivered yet because i refuse to put more money into the electrical.
Why would a dealer loose a sale for something like this?
 So the questions are
1 Can i get my money back if i haven't taken procession of the spa?
2 Should this line from the disconnect box be done by them, especially after they originally agreed to it?

Hot Tub Forum

Refund
« on: September 03, 2015, 09:47:18 am »

Water Boy

Re: Refund
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 10:44:28 am »
When we sell spas, this is the customers responsibility to run the line from the box to the spa. We always require the customers to hire a licensed electrician to do that. Basically, all of the electrical is done by the electrician (including the line from the disconnect box to the spa), other than connecting the line to the spa at the time of delivery. We do connect the line ran to the spa pack on delivery.

I would be surprised if any dealers include or do that part of it, but I could be wrong.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

jbequer

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 11:05:06 am »
What about the refund? It doesn't make sense to me why he would even refuse to split the cost??
Why not get a sale is beyond me..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 11:37:13 am »
I'm not sure what you read or heard but certainly this is typically the spa owner's responsibility so it sounds like a misunderstanding or poor wording somewhere.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 01:07:02 pm »
Yeah, I don't know of any hot tub stores that have licensed electricians on staff.  It's always been the customer's responsibility  in my experience.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 02:34:02 pm »
 Liability comes to mind.   If you did part of the work with no permit?  Then they come in and finish the hook up and your house burns down the next day that's a bad thing for them.    If you did pull a permit, then I believe it's your responsibility to finish it.    Since you have done most of the major work, just go get the wire and finish it. 

av8r

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 06:43:56 pm »
Unless the dealer has a licensed electrician on staff I'd say you didn't understand what was actually said.  The additional liability incurred by the dealer for actually connecting the tub to a source they know nothing about would be really large and really dumb for them to do.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 06:43:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42