What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Floating thermal blanket  (Read 4041 times)

Tdevito

Floating thermal blanket
« on: August 30, 2015, 10:31:26 pm »
Do these things work

Hot Tub Forum

Floating thermal blanket
« on: August 30, 2015, 10:31:26 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: Floating thermal blanket
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 01:57:06 pm »
There is another post on spa blankets going on right now. I think you'll find some answers to your question in that other thread.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:46:10 pm »
Yes
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 10:04:04 am »
Doc, I have exhausted every search trying to find the info you gave me for a floating spa blanket!  :-\ The last one that I ordered has just started to deteriorate. That was a very long life and I feel like my tub is naked without the blanket! Could you possibly share that info with me again? It was blue (the older ones were gray).  I actually have my receipt but no information about where it came from, just the price and my customer number!  Thanks
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 11:05:35 am »
Sorry, I don't remember.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

tlippy

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 11:15:37 am »
There is another post on spa blankets going on right now. I think you'll find some answers to your question in that other thread.

I live in cold country. 8)  Central Oregon.  I too have considered a floating topper in addition to my 2" solid foam cover.
After watching the top of my spa with snow covering it, I have concluded that the cover is doing an excellent job of insulating.  The cover is the last to lose the snow even with 100° water underneath.  I really don't want to remove an 8' x 8' floating piece of bubble wrap.  Do U use a solid foam cover?  JMHI :-X

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 12:26:04 pm »
I just get an 8'x8' solar cover that would normally be used on a pool for customers who request it.  It helps with the moisture bleeding into the cover and gives you a little extra mileage on your big foam cover.  It also helps on evaporation a tad.  My customers use them a lot in the summer as well as it will protect the acrylic and keep the evaporation rate lower, all while allowing the tub to not get too hot (trade off is it doesn't retain heat as well).

I'd be interested in hearing what you guys were referring to if you remember the product name, though.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 12:26:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42