What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Entry Hot Tub Selection  (Read 4150 times)

cmihaly

Entry Hot Tub Selection
« on: August 29, 2015, 06:36:23 pm »
Well after 5 shops and weeks of thinking and probably overthinking we are need to decide our our tub in the next few days.  I have widdled it down to 3.  Our basic requirements was rectangular or square, not bigger than 7x7, prefer 6.5 by 7.   We can wire it 250v no problems so prefer 250 dual pump systems.   Want a lounger, $7k max all included.   Here are the units I am thinking about, prices include spa, cover, checmicals, dselivery, installation, orientation and  tax
  • Jacuzzi J-235 $6300 No sound option. 
  • Sundance 680 series Peyton $6534 This does include a step and a cover lifter
  • Dr Wellness X-6 $5.384k Includes stereo, stairs and Nature 2 filter , does not have UV filter
  • Dr Wellnes G-6 $6k includes stereo stairs and Nature 2 filter  doesn't not have UV filter

The Dr wellness are definitely cheaper and they include a mp3 audio woofer/speaker system, the X-6 was the only 6.5x7 I could find with a lounger and what we wanted in a spa.  All the others are 7x7.   One of the locations on the X-6 I was too tall for and had to scrunch in.    The G-6 was nice but we prefer a flat bottom, do not want a jet well. The Dr Wellness not really show rooms, local is a guy with an office in a industrial park area.  Their spas were much more contoured inside on the seat areas.     It was the only blue interior we liked, all the other brands  we are going with white.   The price is nice, but very nervous about the brand, definitely felt like a B tier spa, nervous if it breaks I'll be left with a hunk of plastic.

None of the hot tubs have a separate circulation pump, all though the Sundance you can add one for $400 but that puts it right up on the $7k max.   

Other than Dr. Wellness, music option was another $800 to $900.   Seems a lot, thinking I should just use that to buy an outside speaker system, we are redoing our back yard with a sofa/lounge are with fire pit, the spa and a built in barbeque area.   So thinking just saving that money and putting something outside?

The Jacuzzi and Sundance are kind of tied in my head.  The Jacuzzi dealer is local about 5 miles away, the Sundance dealer is about 35 miles away.   Both had good showrooms, the Jacuzzi show room was a bit more upscale.    The sundance guy seemed a bit more knowledgeable about the spas that the Jacuzzi guy but I felt comfortable with both.   The two spas are pretty similar.

Any comments,suggestions appreciated!
Thanks
Chris

Hot Tub Forum

Entry Hot Tub Selection
« on: August 29, 2015, 06:36:23 pm »

raymel1

Re: Entry Hot Tub Selection
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 10:37:58 pm »
 We have a Sundance Bahia. So, I'm kind of biased I guess. We done a LOT of research and after it was all said and done, what I discovered is that Sundance or Jacuzzi were what we were going to end up with.

I know nothing of the other brands you listed, never heard of them before.

i'd do a wet test on the ones you're interested in and go from there. Get what you want the 1st time. Nothing is more expensive and/or painful as regret.

I am sure there are great spa's made by companies that I have never heard of, but what I do know for sure, is the brand we chose has been around for years and has been a leader for years. The Dealer has also been around for years and has a great reputation.

Whatever you decide to get, just don't skimp for what you think might make you happy, get what you KNOW you want and will make you happy.

Enjoy :)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 10:39:59 am »
Baseball analogy.

2 brands you mention are major league. 

One brand is minor league.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

jmath

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 11:07:12 am »
Payton on sale at allseasons, cherry hill nj for $5999.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 02:39:27 pm »
LOL Dr. Wellness.............
Retired

Sam

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 04:54:16 pm »
Dr. Wellness is a company that keeps changing their brand name to hide from a terrible reputation.  They are not even remotely close to the quality of a Sundance/Jacuzzi.  You will spend all of the money you save and more in energy costs, repair costs,etc... In addition to the fact that everything will be inferior.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 06:57:23 pm »
LOL Dr. Wellness.............

Formerly Tatom Manufacturing?
Retired

av8r

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 07:20:00 pm »
You might take a look at BullFrog spas.  We found them to be well designed and ahead of some of the conventional tubs in many aspects.  You can get pricing that should satisfy you as well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 07:20:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42