What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Owner Jacuzzi J-470 Replacement Cover  (Read 3632 times)

cyclopsed

New Owner Jacuzzi J-470 Replacement Cover
« on: August 24, 2015, 05:33:14 pm »
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.  I've found the forum very helpful and have read every post with "Jacuzzi" in it as well as many others.  If my posting is not correctly done please know it's not from lack of effort. I've debated how to even begin to ask the several questions I have.  I have decided to start with a little background while asking this first question and then to ask my other questions in separate posts grouped by subject.  If there's a better way please let me know. 

Feel free to skip to the end for the Cliffs Notes version.

I need to replace the cover on a J-470.  I was told it was 2011 when purchasing, but I now believe it to be a 2010 with the older control panel.  I don't believe that matters as far as the cover goes but I'm not positive.  My local dealer, who I have seen treat a customer so rudely that I would have avoided the brand if I hadn't come across an incredible deal, but who I have since felt very well treated by (there's two gentlemen working there; one is helpful and the other acts like his dog just died and it's your fault).

I'm trying to support the store and build a good relationship by purchasing chemicals and small parts like new pillows there.  Recently I went in to order a new cover and cover lift and the nice guy offered me a cover on the showroom floor that he said was manufactured incorrectly.  There's supposed to be a baffle or stuffed tube running the length of the waterfall side.  I assume it makes the cover fit the curve up to the higher side.  This piece is missing.

The dealer says its unimportant but he will sell me the cover for half price: $350 my cover lift also has a broken arm, and he promised to make me a good deal if I bought both and would deliver and install the items. 

To summarize, is $750 a reasonable amount for my cover? The lift is $300 more, which I know is higher than I could find online.  Does the defect I describe greatly reduce the efficiency of the cover? Do all Jacuzzi made covers say "Jacuzzi" on the outside? Does it matter if Jacuzzi is the manufacturer? If it doesn't matter, then where could I look online that makes high quality covers that fit my unusually shaped model? Is the Covelift 3 the only cover lift that will fit the J-475? I would prefer one that drops the cover lower off the side.  I understand only I can determine what works best for me, but I find this difficult to do without more information. 

Thank you in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 05:45:15 pm by cyclopsed »

Hot Tub Forum

New Owner Jacuzzi J-470 Replacement Cover
« on: August 24, 2015, 05:33:14 pm »

Sam

Re: New Owner Jacuzzi J-470 Replacement Cover
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »
I don't know the answer to a lot of your questions, but I will add that Jacuzzi does not make their own covers.  I believe they come from Core Covers, but may be mistaken.  Also, you should be able to use pretty much any cover lifter for that spa.  The covermate I is a good balance of price/performance and should be less expensive than the covermate III.

I'm not super familiar with your model, so there may be something that I am missing.  You may only be able to open it in the direction of the control panel due to the weird curvature.

amy2421

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 01:20:27 am »
The information I heard is that the cover has to open to the "back", which is the opposite side from the control panel (so the cover will be behind the waterfall/higher side).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 01:20:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42