What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: good news bad news  (Read 8165 times)

icenogle

good news bad news
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:50:55 pm »
Good news.  Jacuzzi local headquarters called me and said my J-345 has arrived and is at their warehouse.  This surprised me since they said it would be 4 weeks and I was expecting 6 weeks based off what I have read and people I have talked to.  It hasn't even been three weeks - three weeks this coming Monday.

Bad news.  There was an accident with the shippment and only one hot tub was damaged and it was mine.  He said I have options.

1) If I was set on my colors they would expedite an order and get it to me as soon as possible

2) They have some other colors in their warehouse and if liked one of them I could have it in about one week.  I asked what the colors are and he said teak cabinet which is what I had choose and platinum white for the tub.  I'm like what other choices.  That was it.  Well it turns out my wife liked the platinum white when we were at the store and I liked it to.  So I said ok we'll take it.

He knocked $2,000 off.  Not really - in my dreams

I can't help but to think they just had one in the warehouse they wanted to offload. 

Fortunately, I do like those colors.  He did say because of my trouble they would include some freebies he mentioned chemicals and said they would include something.  It already came with chemicals.  We'll see what is included in a week or so.

I'm happy.  Has this happened to anybody else?

Meanwhile the electricians are at my house installing 200 amp service and whatever else I need to get this thing running once it arrives. 

Hot Tub Forum

good news bad news
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:50:55 pm »

orlando1

Re: good news bad news
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 06:22:14 pm »
It does seem strange that out of all the tubs, only one got damaged. And that one was yours, but of course anything possible. If it was me, I would have just waited to get the one I wanted the most, but knocking 2000.00 off was a good deal though. I will tell you this, I wondered if something similar would happen to me. I just had a 2015 cameo delivered yesterday. They actually had a 2014 cameo on the sales floor.(I actually ended up wet testing it.) It was in the exact configuration I wanted, except it had a stereo and I ordered one without. But when they arrived at my house, my tub was factory sealed. But of course, I did check to see if it had the stereo. ;D  But congrats, you chose a great tub that should bring years of enjoyment.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 06:30:41 pm »
2000 off heck yea..........
Retired

icenogle

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 07:21:54 pm »
Guess I wasn't clear on the $2,000 off that was what I wished they had done.  I am only getting something free for my "troubles".  As far a the color white is fine.  It was a toss up between white and titanium at the time.  Our skirting is chestnut not teak like I mentioned earlier.

I just hope they are telling me a true story about the accident and not giving me some year old floor model that they cleaned up.  I would be pissed off.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 01:59:59 am »
Teak Platinum is a good looking spa, really pops with the lights. What did you originally pick?   Accident wise I suppose it could happen, just never in the 15 plus years we have sold spa's or Jacuzzi.   Would love to know what exactly happened.

icenogle

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 02:46:26 am »
Now that I'm home looking at my receipt I ordered Titanium surface color and Chestnut skirt.  Tomorrow I'm going to stop by their "warehouse" that he said was in Renton and ask to see mine that was in an accident.  Then I'm going to ask to see the new one just sitting in the "warehouse".  I looked the Renton warehouse up in Renton on Google.  Google shows a outlet in Renton.  I don't want to end up with some reject, left over model, or some used floor display for a new price.  If I feel misled I will cancel this and go somewhere else.  Am I wrong for feeling a little suspicious? The replacement one is Chestnut and platinum
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:48:57 am by icenogle »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 07:55:26 am »
About a month back I got a delivery of 8 tubs to my store. While en route the truxk drivers straps loosened up and the turnbuckle beat the hell out of one of my tubs. The truck was carrying 20 or so hot tubs and only one got damaged and unfortunately it was coming to my store. So accidents do happen

icenogle

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 08:41:29 am »
Hottubguy thanks for the reple

I praised the store I bought this from and the manager who sold it to me.  The person who called seemed nice and all that I just want to make sure I get a nice new tub.  I feel bad for having slight doubts, but for 10g I just want to be sure.  I'm thinking everything is on the up and up. 

Don't you agree that 17 days is amazing speed to get a Jacuzzi ordered, fabricated, and delivered from Mexico to Seattle.  When it was supposed to be 4 weeks minimum.

Since you are in the industry how do you suggest I make sure I'm getting what I'm expecting.  If you think this is completely normal I will drop it and try to get rid of these doubts

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 09:48:40 am »
Hottubguy thanks for the reple

I praised the store I bought this from and the manager who sold it to me.  The person who called seemed nice and all that I just want to make sure I get a nice new tub.  I feel bad for having slight doubts, but for 10g I just want to be sure.  I'm thinking everything is on the up and up. 

Don't you agree that 17 days is amazing speed to get a Jacuzzi ordered, fabricated, and delivered from Mexico to Seattle.  When it was supposed to be 4 weeks minimum.

Since you are in the industry how do you suggest I make sure I'm getting what I'm expecting.  If you think this is completely normal I will drop it and try to get rid of these doubts

I don't know how Jacuzzi works as I'm a Marquis dealer but if I order a entire truckload of spas I get them a lot quicker then if I order only a few.  For instance I just ordered a entire truckload of tubs about a week and a half ago.  They shipped out yesterday and will be delivered to my store on Wednesday.  My last order was for 6 tubs these took about 5-6 weeks to get to me.  It's a lot easier getting a truck to go one place rather then waiting for other people to fill the truck.  Less stops equals quicker delivery.  I'm in Mass and Marquis is in Oregon

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 09:56:59 am »
I don't blame you one bit for being a little skeptical.  10k is a lot of money to anybody.  If I was your dealer I would have no problem with you stopping by to check out the tub you are getting as a substitute

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 11:04:04 am »
 Good thing is Aqua quip is a great company.   As far as time goes we see spa's come into Bellingham in about 3 to 3.5 weeks.  What can happen is they have a spa built in the color you want and it's available in Chino Ca or it was built and then cancelled by the dealer.  So it's defiantly possible too get one in 2 weeks.   And yes, chit happens in shipping!!   

icenogle

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 12:21:46 pm »
I sent an e-mail to the Mark the guy who sold it to me.  He's on vacation for another day or two.  I expressed my minor concern.  When he gets back and if he says everything is cool that's good enough for me. 

I'm just trying to get my number of messages up so I can be a supreme hot tub commander here on this site.

What time you starting on Saturday.  I still plan on shooting up there to meet you.  You will be the first famous person I have ever met.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 01:54:03 am »
 Fair opens at 10 I will be there probably by 11 or so.   Last day.   :) 

Quickbeam

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 10:00:28 am »
You will be the first famous person I have ever met.

Jim, make sure to bring your pen so you can sign an autograph!

icenogle

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 10:30:54 am »
Shoot, I have to make it another day.  My employer making me work the weekend last minute. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 10:30:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42