What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Too many options - Marquis? Jacuzzi? Round? Square?  (Read 3715 times)

heidicaryl

Too many options - Marquis? Jacuzzi? Round? Square?
« on: August 01, 2015, 08:46:32 am »
I've been shopping for a hot tub for about two months.  My original concept was a round tub - no bells and whistles, no special molded seats, just a tub for comfortably relaxing with my husband and maybe a couple of friends every once in awhile.  Then I started testing out tubs and discovered, much to my confusion, that there are a million combinations of jets and seats made by a plethora of manufacturers.  Can anyone help clarify a few things for me?

Jacuzzi makes a comfortable round tub but the jets don't spin, which my husband seems to think he wants.  Marquis makes a round tub with some interchangeable spinning jets, which seems good but I know nothing about the brand other than it's based in Oregon.

The molded seats found in square tubs usually include one recliner with some configuration of jets on the legs.  A recliner seems like a good idea, but do they really get used?  I'm skinny and get pushed right to the top of the water, so I can't see the appeal. 

With a variety of molded seats in a square tub, has anyone found that there's really only one comfortable seat and everyone else gets shortchanged?

What is other people's experience with Marquis vs. Jacuzzi vs. Sundance?

Thanks for any and all advice that anyone can offer.

Hot Tub Forum

Too many options - Marquis? Jacuzzi? Round? Square?
« on: August 01, 2015, 08:46:32 am »

Qrose

Re: Too many options - Marquis? Jacuzzi? Round? Square?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 01:17:22 pm »
Hi good luck with your search. I have a Sundance Altamar which does have a lounger. I like every seat and usually spend some time in each one. The lounger is my favorite and I don't float out of it but I am definitely not skinny  ;D I wasn't going to get a lounger till I did a wet test and was sold. I posted a couple of pictures on the show me your hot tub site. There are options without the lounger. There are so many good tubs out there and it really comes down to personal preference. Good luck on your search and have fun.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 03:16:52 pm »
Your looking at all good brands. Marquis is a smaller company located in Oregon. I am a dealer of them and can say there tubs have few warranty issues and factory support is great.  The 524 is a good tub and is very powerful when you upgrade to the 240v version. It's comfortable and you shouldn't have a problem with floating. It's a open seat tub which makes it easy to switch from seat to seat. They are well insulated, have plenty of power, come with good warranties and the finish of there tubs is great

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 03:35:48 am »
You're looking at some decent brands. Marquis is a great company, made in Oregon and employee owned. The Jacuzzi is made in Mexico. The nice thing about the Marquis is that it will have headrests and a waterfall feature, I think most round models won't have that. Construction and reliability will also be very good on the Marquis. Where do you live?

heidicaryl

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 02:10:51 pm »
I'm in Los Angeles

Sam

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 05:29:08 pm »
As mentioned, both are great options.  If the Marquis meets your needs, they are a great option.  They are certainly one of the better manufacturers. 

I would also look at the Bullfrog 151R, the South Seas 627M (by Artesian), Dimension One journey, and the Sundane Denali if they have stores in your area.  These are round spas with spinning jets that are made by reputable manufacturers.

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 05:29:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42