What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: getting close  (Read 4945 times)

icenogle

getting close
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:19:21 pm »
First off this website is great.  Really enjoy all the knowledge out there being shared.  Anyways, my original plan was to get my first hot tub this January once I sell my vacation back to my employer.  Turns out I'm weak, I can't wait.  My thoughts were going for a Marquis Epic or Wish based on their website pictures and info. 

Today I have exchanged a couple p/m with Jacuzzi Jim said I would shoot up to the Bellingham area to see him and his Jacuzzi hot tubs.  Turns out I'm out of his area.  Almost two hours away.

So today I left work early to go to a store that the Marquis website states sells their brand in Fircrest.  I went to their Tacoma store instead thinking they probably have Marquis.  That was a mistake.  No Marquis.  On top of that it looks like they have no employees working today.  I walked around their store twice - and saw nobody.  So I left.  Sorry, "Aqua Rec".

They probably missed an easy sale.  That's how I do it with cars, house, windows, and stuff.  If I like it I buy it as long as I think the price is fair.  I make up my mind pretty fast - usually.

So I went to Aqua Quip in Federal Way which I have seen mentioned on this site.  The manager (Mark) was nice and knowledgeable.  I told him about this site, sounds like he is going to check it out.  They have several hot tubs on display.  Looks like the J-345 will work for myself and the wife.  Not all of them had water.  He asked me something like are you married.  The J-345 had no water in it.  He suggested that I bring my wife in this weekend for a wet test.  That is so cool he offered. 

Price is $8,800, about 1,200 for electrical (if we do that with them).  I may asked him to split the price of a lift with me which he said was $350 or so.  We may have an outside electrician come in.  I'm pretty sure we will need to upgrade to 200 amps.  Hopefully, that won't be too painful.

Need to get working on my cement pad.

Plans, this weekend take the wife for a wet test.  Ask her what color she likes and BAM

Hot Tub Forum

getting close
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:19:21 pm »

richierich

Re: getting close
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:24:50 pm »
sounds like a good plan. :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:29:32 pm »
 Yea sorry I cant go that far south without stepping on toes, not to mention being able to take care of you as well as do others up here in this area should the need arise.  :(    8800 for that spa is a good price and Aqua Quip takes care of people as well.     Like I mentioned in my PM, feel free to call or PM if you have any questions! 

Thanks, Jim   

Quickbeam

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 12:25:13 am »
First off this website is great.  Really enjoy all the knowledge out there being shared.  Anyways, my original plan was to get my first hot tub this January once I sell my vacation back to my employer.  Turns out I'm weak, I can't wait.  My thoughts were going for a Marquis Epic or Wish based on their website pictures and info. 

Today I have exchanged a couple p/m with Jacuzzi Jim said I would shoot up to the Bellingham area to see him and his Jacuzzi hot tubs.  Turns out I'm out of his area.  Almost two hours away.

So today I left work early to go to a store that the Marquis website states sells their brand in Fircrest.  I went to their Tacoma store instead thinking they probably have Marquis.  That was a mistake.  No Marquis.  On top of that it looks like they have no employees working today.  I walked around their store twice - and saw nobody.  So I left.  Sorry, "Aqua Rec".

They probably missed an easy sale.  That's how I do it with cars, house, windows, and stuff.  If I like it I buy it as long as I think the price is fair.  I make up my mind pretty fast - usually.

So I went to Aqua Quip in Federal Way which I have seen mentioned on this site.  The manager (Mark) was nice and knowledgeable.  I told him about this site, sounds like he is going to check it out.  They have several hot tubs on display.  Looks like the J-345 will work for myself and the wife.  Not all of them had water.  He asked me something like are you married.  The J-345 had no water in it.  He suggested that I bring my wife in this weekend for a wet test.  That is so cool he offered. 

Price is $8,800, about 1,200 for electrical (if we do that with them).  I may asked him to split the price of a lift with me which he said was $350 or so.  We may have an outside electrician come in.  I'm pretty sure we will need to upgrade to 200 amps.  Hopefully, that won't be too painful.

Need to get working on my cement pad.

Plans, this weekend take the wife for a wet test.  Ask her what color she likes and BAM

My wife and I have had the J-345 for a little over a year now and are quite happy with it. So far at least, it's been a good tub.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 07:09:25 am »
Congrats in your plan and action. I'm known many happy Epic owners here as well as the Jacuzzi. You would probably be happy either way, but I commend you on your plan and that sounds like a very good price.  We hope to hear how it goes for you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

icenogle

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 09:32:34 pm »
Impatient.  The electrician guy said he would call me today after 3 to set up an appointment for a quote on going from 100 amp to 200 amp service.  Now 6:30 and no call.  I want to know now.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 12:40:27 am »
 Humility and patience can go a long way.   Good luck to you! 

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 02:34:30 am »
icenogle:  Aqua Rec only carries Marquis at certain stores (I think they have 3), you'll have to call and see what store carries them. That's too bad no one was there to help you when you stopped in.

icenogle

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 05:00:35 pm »
MarKee

Thanks for the reply.  I'm heading out shortly to wet test the J-345.  Depending on what happens I may head over to the Fircrest store and look at the Marquis.  Both look nice in the brochures and on the web. 

icenogle

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 10:10:34 pm »
Went to test the J-345 which was supposed to have water in it today.  No water, but we did test drive the J-385.  The wife and I loved it.  My wife who is 5'0" liked it with and without the booster pillow.  The foot dome gave her a nice support to help her to get comfortable.  I thought for maybe an extra $100 or so I would take it instead of the J-345.  Turns out it was about $2,000.  Went with the original plan and bought the J-345.  She was not too excited about a month ago when I started drooling over hot tubs, but since she pretty much knew I was going to do it anyways so she seemed to warm up to the idea a little.  Once I got her in the store today and she seen how pretty they are I could tell she was kind of thinking this might not be too bad and idea.  Once we slipped into the tub and actually experienced it I think I could have gotten any tub I wanted - she fell in love.  Kind of proud of myself for not getting the larger one and resisting the bluetooth stereo stuff.  Tomorrow, I'll started prepping for the pad and hope my electrical costs, which will include upgrade to 200 amp, won't be terrible.  I'm hoping under $4,000.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 10:10:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42