What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cortez Phoenix Spa  (Read 9041 times)

Constance

• I love my Bahia
Cortez Phoenix Spa
« on: July 13, 2004, 12:19:42 am »
I'm shopping for my first spa.  I looked a the Phoenix brand tonight.  I liked the Cortez layout and sat in it without the water.  It felt very comfortable, but I've not sat in any of the other brands yet.  I've looked at the Tiger River(Bengal), Dyansty, Sundance, Sweetwater,(Baha) and the Jacuzzi.  Does anyone have this tub or a Phoenix?  How do you like it? What are the pro's and con's.  Thanks!!   :D

Hot Tub Forum

Cortez Phoenix Spa
« on: July 13, 2004, 12:19:42 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Cortez Phoenix Spa
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 06:31:40 am »
A very good friend of mine has been very happy with his Phoenix brand tub. He has had a few control board problems but his dealer has been prompt to repair.
Retired

OnMedic

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 08:07:44 am »
Is Phoenix the same mfg as Haven?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 08:12:53 am »
Last I knew, Phoenix makes the spa's that are sold under the Haven name.  
Brewman
Brewman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 09:12:27 am »
Brewman.  I just looked up the word Curmudgeon. LOL, the wife seems to think that I fit the bill just fine as well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 09:12:52 am by doodoo »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 10:54:09 am »
 There's plenty of room in Curmudgeonland for everyone!
Brewman
Brewman

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Caveat Emptor.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 04:39:47 pm »
Constance...

I'd say pass on the Phoenix Cortez.

Here's why.

*The manufacturer has been fined more than $21,000.00 by the EPA for neglecting required paperwork. http://archive.redding.com/story.asp?StoryID={61DA198A-12E2-4D25-B3B4-F12348A6913C}

*In the past 5 or 6 years they've had 2 self igniting fires, the most recent of which caused $30,000.00 damage to their facility. http://archive.redding.com/story.asp?StoryID={DE73876A-3C76-4538-AA25-FE8C15846C18} (at bottom)

*The manufacturer has in the past allowed a serious OSHA recordable incident go unreported for more than 3 weeks. This was an incident where an employee lost two fingers. (This is a friend I went to high school with.)

*Recently, the manufacturer has had a sudden and widespread turnover, instigated by the Immigration and Naturalization Services. While unreported in the news, its been widely circulated in the pool and spa circles locally. Despite these openings, the professionals arent flocking there to get a job- Starting pay is at $7.00 an hour.

Putting together a quality product is difficult enough without having any problems- But with all this other 'stuff' going on, on a regular basis, in my opinion, it is impossible.

Perhaps you can get a good spa from them, but I would be taking a serious hard look at the dealers service track record. If youre set on the Cortez I would definately ask the dealer for 3 or 4 customer references before leaving a deposit. (You should be doing that anyway.)

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 05:13:31 pm »
SpaTech:
How in the world do you guys find that information out?
Chris H

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 07:11:03 pm »
"How in the world do you guys find that information out?"  -Chris H-

If youre specifically refering to the information on Phoenix Spas, I live a stones throw from the factory. Two of the points I made above are accompanied by archived newspaper reports from our hometown paper. The others are second-hand accounts from people I've run into.

If youre refering to the general investigation of spas, youre reading one of the better resources both good and bad about spa manufacturers. But it doesnt take very much searching to find the truth about a particular brand and how they take care of their customers. Much can be discovered if you take the time to search the internet or even your hometown newspaper.

OnMedic

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 09:37:35 pm »
OK, check this out for more info and pics on Phoenix.

http://www.selberg.org/homes/speed/havenspas/files/Phenoix_Factory/factory.htm

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 09:50:04 pm »
Looks like a nice place to work at,$7.00 a hour.You think you can get me a job lol.Jt :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 09:50:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42