What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help me choose? Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Beachcomber or Marquis  (Read 22329 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Help me choose? Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Beachcomber or Marquis
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 03:51:41 pm »
full power at all the jets without diverters,

But I am still confused by this post from a BF owner.

Or is this part of their sales pitch?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 03:51:41 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 02:24:53 am »
  You should actually look at their website or maybe a YouTube video of how it works.   Each pack has it's own "pressure adjustment"   If you close one pack you get less at that seat, and more goes to another seat or two, if you open it you get more and it evens out between the seats.

The statement full power at all the jets with out divertors is not correct, or better yet misspoken.

MarKee

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 02:44:14 am »
The Marquis 660 is one of my favorite spas, it has a really unique layout.  Let us know what you decide.

dporter22

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 12:21:00 am »
The statement "full power at all the jets without diverters" is correct.  Every jet in a Bullfrog has full power without diverting power from one seat to get power at another, or you can adjust the power at each individual seat to your liking.  Every seat can be set to full power and it doesn't noticeably decrease the power at any other seat.

Most other designs force you to choose who gets full power at the expense of someone else.  If you usually only have one or two people soaking that's not such a big deal, but any time you have more than that you have to compromise.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 08:05:48 am »
So if you open up all the diverters full the tub has the same power at all the seats. And if you close one or two of them the power at the seats still open stays the same? How does the pump do that?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 11:30:49 am »
 I give up.. 

dporter22

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 01:03:52 pm »
As explained before, there are no diverters like on other tubs.  Each seat has an individual power adjustment and even when every seat is fully open it doesn't decrease power at the other seats.   In fact there is almost too much power, even with every seat set to full, and we often turn down the power in whichever seat we're using for comfort.  Doing so does not noticeably increase power at the other seats, but even if it did you could simply turn down those seats if you wanted.  That's the advantage of the Bullfrog design,  every person at every seat can choose their own power level without affecting anyone else.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 10:03:56 pm »
What happens when you close them all when the pump is running?
Retired

dporter22

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 12:32:58 am »
Interesting question.  I haven't tried completely closing every single jet pack since that would defeat the purpose of having a spa, but on the A7 the flow would go through the 12 foot/wrist/hip jets, the waterfall, and the non-jet pack seat.

kingdarb

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 01:25:06 am »
Ok.  So I have a bullfrog tub.  It works like this:  With the valves fully open on every jetpack and the pump on high, there is a lot of pressure out of the jets.  The valve on each jetpack can then be adjusted anywhere from fully open (full power) to fully closed (nothing coming out of the jets).  If you completely close the valve on a jetpack, then the pressure DOES increase coming out of the jets whose valves remain open.  If you closed every jetpack off except one for example and left that last one fully open, the pressure coming out of it would be way too high.  The air still has to go somewhere after all. 

So to answer some of these questions:  With all the jetpacks valves fully open, there is plenty of pressure for a strong, therapeutic massage at each seat.  If you close one of the jetpack valves completely, the pressure coming out of the ones remaining open increases.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 06:08:17 am »
Sounds like it is diverted to me.

That's what I was trying to get to. I have seen it in person and it IS a diverter and a sales pitch.
Retired

tlbond

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 01:01:10 pm »
We just bought a bullfrog A7SS & love it. The jet packs work great & let us custom the spa for our needs. It is HIGH but we got what we needed.
You can buy different spas & should do a test soak before you buy any spa.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Louis

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 02:25:14 pm »
Sounds like it is diverted to me.

That's what I was trying to get to. I have seen it in person and it IS a diverter and a sales pitch.

What isn't a sales pitch with a hot tub?  Specially when you (well not you)  but a sales person is trying to sell one.

I think the system works quite well.   

riot138

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 03:26:01 pm »
The one thing I like about the Bullfrog is that my wife who will probably only fit it 1 or 2 of the seats properly will be able to utilize almost every type of jet the bullfrog has to offer by switching the pack over to her seat.  The Marquis 660 on the other hand has everything we want e.g. radio, upgraded led lights for about 1.5K to 2K less.  (bullfrog is 9500+13%tax and it's a floor model so we are stuck with the brown on brown) where the Marquis is $9700 w/ tax but they hinted they are flexible on the price and we choose the colours we like.

I think I am going to go this weekend after the pay cheque comes in make my decision based on the best deal I am offered.

Sam

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 04:03:41 pm »
13% tax!?!?!?!  That's ridiculous.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 04:03:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42