What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help me choose? Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Beachcomber or Marquis  (Read 22340 times)

riot138

Help me choose? Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Beachcomber or Marquis
« on: July 20, 2015, 09:15:33 pm »
Thanks for taking the time and reading my post.  I am hoping some people who actually own hot tubs can help me out as opposed to the store sales reps  :D.

I have narrowed it down to the below list.  I originally had a budget of 8K but I soon realized that isn't going to get me what I want so it's now 11K. I would really like to have a water feature and led lighting, a stereo would be a bonus.  See the list below (all lists below include delivery, startup chemicals and cover lifter):

-Bullfrog R7 (stock does not have LED lighting) has standard water feature - $10700w/tax
-Marquis 660 c/w stereo, led lights and full foam$9700 w/tax
-Beachcomber Hybrid 380, complete stock but w/ extended warranty, gfci and their $500 personal setup - $11000 w/tax
-Jacuzzi 345, complete stock (but stock has waterfalls and led lights)- $11000 w/tax

I would love to hear some opinions.  The marquis has all my wants (stereo, upgraded led and water features) and is within my price range but the girl at beachcomber said I may be saving initially but the daily cost to operate will cost more in the long run due to the beachcomber being more energy efficient.  Not sure how true this is.

I also checked out arctic  and Sundance but they were both out of my price range for the models I was looking at.

Thanks for the help!

***Forgot to mention I am in Canada so prices will obviously be a little higher***

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:45:18 pm by riot138 »

Hot Tub Forum

Help me choose? Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Beachcomber or Marquis
« on: July 20, 2015, 09:15:33 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help me choose? Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Beachcomber or Marquis
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:59:27 pm »
 You live on the moon?   :o    Those prices are crazy, and probably MSRP..

riot138

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 10:04:51 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  The prices above are without negotiating and are in CDN funds (weakest it's been in 6 years).  I really did think they were high but I am a first time buyer so I am not too sure what is fair.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:02:26 pm by riot138 »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 10:29:40 pm »
Thanks for taking the time and reading my post.  I am hoping some people who actually own hot tubs can help me out as opposed to the store sales reps  :D.

I have narrowed it down to the below list.  I originally had a budget of 8K but I soon realized that isn't going to get me what I want so it's now 11K. I would really like to have a water feature and led lighting, a stereo would be a bonus.  See the list below (all lists below include delivery, startup chemicals and cover lifter

-Bullfrog R7 (stock does not have LED lighting) has standard water feature - $10700w/tax
-Marquis 660 c/w stereo, led lights and full foam$9700 w/tax
-Beachcomber Hybrid 380, complete stock but w/ extended warranty, gfci and their $500 personal setup - $11000 w/tax
-Jacuzzi 345, complete stock (but stock has waterfalls and led lights)- $11000 w/tax

I would love to hear some opinions.  The marquis has all my wants (stereo, upgraded led and water features) and is within my price range but the girl at beachcomber said I may be saving initially but the daily cost to operate will cost more in the long run due to the beachcomber being more energy efficient.  Not sure how true this is.

I also checked out arctic  and Sundance but they were both out of my price range for the models I was looking at.

Thanks for the help!

Where do you live?  The price on the marquis isn't bad but the others are real high. I think you should be able to negotiate the prices on all of these tubs down a bit. The beachcomber is especially high for that tub

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:54:17 pm by Hottubguy »

dporter22

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:32:57 pm »
That's way too much for an R7; I paid less than that for my A7. 

We've really enjoyed our Bullfrog.  It had all the features I was looking for as far as build quality, full power at all the jets without diverters, made in the USA, etc., but everyone has to decide for themselves what's important.

Let me know if you have any specific Bullfrog questions I can help you with.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 12:28:19 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  For what I know, you won't lose, you have picked 3 good choices. (My experience with Bullfrog is less than the others, but I don't have anything negative to say.  I haven't price shopped in 3 years so I'll stay out of that part.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Sam

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 03:55:45 pm »
Your list says the Bullfrog does not have LED lights.  Maybe they do it different in Canada, but it should come standard with LED lights.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 04:56:50 pm »
full power at all the jets without diverters,

So your stuck with either high or low and no adjustments in between? I would opt for a diverter so you get infinite adjustment from full power to nothing.
Retired

riot138

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 09:40:22 pm »
Hi Sam,  The bullfrog R7 does have 1 led light in the tub and I believe the water feature is illuminated but it does not have their upgraded led lights that are throughout the tub and below the cup holders.

kingdarb

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 12:22:34 am »
With the Canadian dollar being 75 to 80 cents on a given day, the prices make sense.

I bought a Bullfrog R6.  My wife and I are very happy with it so far at LED lights came standard.  I would not have paid extra for them but the wife likes them which is good.  We went with Bullfrog because of the options and versatility of the jetpack system.  It is a full-foam tub and so far it seems to be fairly energy efficient.  We run it at 102 degrees with two hour filter cycles, twice a day and it has hardly made a dent on our energy bill.  That said, we have not been through a winter with it yet.

As far as the diverters go:  The pump itself has a high and low mode.  Each jetpack has a valve on it that allows the user to either to choose anywhere between no and full power for the jets of that jetpack.  Each jet that is not part of a jetpack can also be manually adjusted between no and full flow.  So there is a full range of adjustment between nothing and full power.

I am sure all of the other brands are excellent choices.  I can only speak from my experience with Bullfrog and my wife and I are happy so far.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 09:08:46 pm »
Each jetpack has a valve on it that allows the user to either to choose anywhere between no and full power for the jets of that jetpack.  Each jet that is not part of a jetpack can also be manually adjusted between no and full flow.  So there is a full range of adjustment between nothing and full power.

So there is diverters?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 10:46:32 pm »

It works like a gate valve, with a screw.   You can twist it closed which increases power to other seats or open it all the way.
They are not a flashy spa with 40+ light holes drilled through a shell.   One main light with a couple small ones in the filter area, then one in the water feature.

I actually like the not lit up like a Christmas tree effect.   Even the A series is pretty subdued lighting wise. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 06:00:25 am »
I'm sorry I'm just confused. One post said there wasn't any diverter "valves" that allowed full power at the jets all the time. Which doesn't allow you to adjust the jets/jet packs. And another post said there was diverters.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 09:39:35 am »
Each jet pack has it's own divertor.   Packs with neck jets have 2 so you can also adjust the neck jet pressure as well.

http://www.bullfrogspas.com/jetpak-therapy-system/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:44:53 am by Jacuzzi Jim »

riot138

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 10:14:16 am »
I think I have it narrowed down to the Marquis or the Bullfrog.  The Jacuzzi dealer is 2hrs away which is kind of a big negative for me and the Beachcomber at 11K for their bottom tier tub is too pricey.  Thanks again for all the help!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 10:14:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42