What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2001 cameo  (Read 5142 times)

medicaldawg

2001 cameo
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:30:19 pm »
found a guy with a 2001 sundace cameo 880 says it has a leak. He had the tub untill this spring and he says it worked fine just developed a small leak. as in a gallon every two days. He was asking 300 for it but i got him down to 100 should I get the tub or no? Im a total DIY guy i can fix pretty much anything given time. I currently have a hot tub but its really old and out of date and honestly its green tub is ugly. ive looked the 2001 cameo 880 up and these are wayyyyyyy nicer than what i have but i would like you guys opinions.

Hot Tub Forum

2001 cameo
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:30:19 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2001 cameo
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:33:51 pm »
  At 300 down to 100 for a spa that old, and wood sided probably,  I would pass. What's your gut feeling say?   

medicaldawg

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 10:46:08 am »
I've called and talked to the guy he sounds legit. Honestly my gut says it could be trouble but me being the diy guy I am I know I can fix the issues with it.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 10:53:18 am »
I've called and talked to the guy he sounds legit. Honestly my gut says it could be trouble but me being the diy guy I am I know I can fix the issues with it.

The problem isn't what you know, its what you don't know such as once the leak is fixed what else may be wrong. In the end if you're a real DIYer its just $100 and your time so if you're fine with that its not like you're gambling big on something that you'll be stuck with.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

medicaldawg

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 11:06:09 am »
Yea I agree with which I'm cool with. What do you guys think about the model itself. Every thing I found says it's a luxury model of its day.

The problem isn't what you know, its what you don't know such as once the leak is fixed what else may be wrong. In the end if you're a real DIYer its just $100 and your time so if you're fine with that its not like you're gambling big on something that you'll be stuck with.

Nessuno

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 09:52:20 pm »
I have a 2001 Cameo 850 series which also has a small leak. In my case, it has also leaked in the past. In both cases, it was the plastic housing around the heater element that developed a hairline crack. I have a post here that you can check into if you wish that also shows the parts I'm looking at:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,18796.0.html

At any case, if you know where the leak is at, you can determine how hard it will be to fix. I will say that I have been disappointed with my Sundance as I have had to replace (if I remember correctly) 3 circ. pumps, 3-4 flow switches, the 1-speed motor, and the heater 3 times. The ozonator went out this year, but I'm not to overly concernec about it.

Having said that, if I could by my tub for a few hundred bucks, I would jump on it.

medicaldawg

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 01:10:21 pm »
I have a 2001 Cameo 850 series which also has a small leak. In my case, it has also leaked in the past. In both cases, it was the plastic housing around the heater element that developed a hairline crack. I have a post here that you can check into if you wish that also shows the parts I'm looking at:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,18796.0.html

At any case, if you know where the leak is at, you can determine how hard it will be to fix. I will say that I have been disappointed with my Sundance as I have had to replace (if I remember correctly) 3 circ. pumps, 3-4 flow switches, the 1-speed motor, and the heater 3 times. The ozonator went out this year, but I'm not to overly concernec about it.

Having said that, if I could by my tub for a few hundred bucks, I would jump on it.
Yea the guy was really open about all the work he had done to it over the years said he used a spa company in his area to do all the work. Sounded like it was taken care of and looks like it was as well. The spa company wanted it but he wasn't interested in selling at the time. I'm going today to look at it. I will post pics if I bring the ol girl home with me.

medicaldawg

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 02:51:28 pm »
Well got the old girl home leak fixed it was the drain. Blower comes on but not the pumps for the jets. Display screen is flashing all kinds of craziness probably need new control display. Got a up grade my power supply first though. Could just be that. We shall see

Nessuno

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 06:05:21 pm »
These tubs can be wired to 110 or 220. Make sure you have the tub configured correctly for the Vac you chose. Check the voltage across the terminals for the pumps to see what you get. I'm guessing the pumps are okay they just aren't getting juice. If you have two control panels, I don't know if these tubs will run with one disconnected, but it is a thought. Does the crazy display read any error codes or is it just a mess of LCDs going off/on at random?

Oh, and make sure to bleed the air out of the pumps if you just filled up for the first time.

medicaldawg

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 09:49:38 am »
These tubs can be wired to 110 or 220. Make sure you have the tub configured correctly for the Vac you chose. Check the voltage across the terminals for the pumps to see what you get. I'm guessing the pumps are okay they just aren't getting juice. If you have two control panels, I don't know if these tubs will run with one disconnected, but it is a thought. Does the crazy display read any error codes or is it just a mess of LCDs going off/on at random?

Oh, and make sure to bleed the air out of the pumps if you just filled up for the first time.
Yea I've got it wired to 220 still gotta do electrical trouble shooting. I seriously doubt the circuit board ,control panel and pumps are all busted. It's more than likely electrical issue. Still learning as I go though. The screen flashes 5 n3 which I have no clue what that means then a temp of 84 but the actual water temp is 71. The control panel is locked but I can't get it unlocked the bottons are not responding to touch. But the temp buttons do. So I'm thinking maybe new control pad?

medicaldawg

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 01:35:06 pm »
Oh and also when I flip the power on air pump comes on but I can't turn it off and the power light comes on but only for about 10 seconds then it flickers then goes off for a sec then repeats

Nessuno

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 10:10:38 pm »
Try disconnecting all that you can from the main panel. pumps, circ pump, air pump, control panel, sensors, then reconnect power and see if the power light at least stays on. If it does, then try connecting just the control panel. Continue on with one item at a time (sensors first) until you can see what seems to be causing things to act funny.

I would think with nothing hooked up, you should at least get a decent control panel working and showing error messages with no sensors hooked up.

medicaldawg

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 12:01:33 pm »
Ok update. The main sensor is throwing a over heat code and sn 3 code which means it will not allow the control panel to work. So I'm off to find a sensor.

Nessuno

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 08:33:38 pm »
Sorry Medicaldawg. I did receive your PM and replied to it. For those following the thread, I basically said that the SN3 error does not necessarily mean the third sensor (flow switch is bad). It typically means the temp sensor is bad.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 08:33:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42