What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice on new tub  (Read 3625 times)

DJW

Advice on new tub
« on: June 30, 2015, 04:09:49 pm »
First, thanks to all for your contributions on this forum.  We are in the market for our first hot tub, and this place has been invaluable as a research tool.  We've been looking (haven't wet tested anything yet, but yes, I know we should) for a couple weeks.  Right now I'm debating between Hot Springs or Jacuzzi, as both have local dealers and they seem to be high quality based on what I've read here.  We don't want a lounger.  We have a couple kids (8&6) so it would be nice if they have spots to sit higher so they aren't underwater.  We don't want a giant tub, so I'm looking at the following three:

Hot Springs Prodigy-$8k
Jacuzzi J345--$8750
Hot Spot Rhythm--Price TBD

Any thoughts/advice that would help sway me one direction or the other on these three? Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Advice on new tub
« on: June 30, 2015, 04:09:49 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Advice on new tub
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 04:16:41 pm »
There doesn't seem to be a need to sway you since you seem to have a handle on this other than to tell you to wet test these three. Also remember one thing, the adults will tend to find a seat and relax while the kids are going to be moving around like its a pool so don't sell yourself short size wise, if in doubt lean toward larger.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

DJW

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 04:45:56 pm »
Thank you for the response and that is an excellent point about the kids.  No point in worrying about getting them the perfect seats, because they can only sit still for 30 seconds anyway! 

What is the general consensus on here regarding the overall quality of Hot Springs vs Hot Spot?  The warranty is obviously better on Hot Springs, but is part of that just to justify the premium pricing of the Hot Springs units?  I know that Hot Springs are also more feature rich, but I'm more focused on getting a high quality hot tub rather than needing all the bells and whistles.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 05:29:44 pm »
Warranties are something you pay for, that are not itemized in the price. A greater warranty is going to increase the price of the spa.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Sam

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »
A hot spot is not of the same quality as a Hot Spring.  It is definitely an entry to mid-tier spa. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 04:18:47 pm »
A hot spot is not of the same quality as a Hot Spring.  It is definitely an entry to mid-tier spa.

Of course its their entry/mid level brand but as far as "quality" goes, it depends on your definition. Every premium brand has high end, mid tier and entry level brands but they can all be good quality, or all bad. Often the difference between the products lines made by the same manufacturer are as much or more about the features it has than how well its made.

Some might define "quality"  by what parts it has (how good/many jets, how good does the siding/outside design look, special waterfalls and other doo-dads) while another sees it based on how well it works/holds up (failure rate, life of spa, how well it insulates). I know I'm more the latter.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 12:00:54 am »
We recently purchased a Hot Spot Relay, The brother to the Rhythm, It is a very well built product with plenty of jets and power to them. A lot of times we don't turn them on because there just as relaxing as they are when you just turn it on. The service person who installed ours said in his words the Hot Spots are "Tanks" They have the least service calls in the Hop springs line up. The warranty on them is very good.

With 2 kids, The Hot spot is just the right size. Our grand Kids are 8 & 6 & come over frequently & use it with us. And when your alone in the tub after they've gone to bed.....Plenty of room for the 2 of you to stretch out & relax!

amy2421

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 12:35:34 pm »
We're in the same process and just bit the bullet and ordered a Jacuzzi J-470. I'm still reeling that we actually did it!!! :)

We looked at the Jacuzzi J-345 and for a very small price difference, it seemed like the J-365 would be a better alternative because the one side is 91" instead of 84" so it definitely felt like it had more room to stretch out. Due to this, the seats had a more comfortable pitch to them. (Dry-tested only.) I'm very short and when we wet-tested the J-345, even I felt like my legs were quite cramped so we definitely would have chosen the J-365 in the 300-Series.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 12:35:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42