What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Reward not working anymore...  (Read 7112 times)

mike159sw

Marquis Reward not working anymore...
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:30:49 am »
 Hi, I'm new here, I've just bought an used Marquis Reward MY 2010.  A really beatiful spa, it worked fine for a few days, but since Friday it stopped completely. No display, no pomp, nothing.  :(

When I check the power, it has power, but the mainboard doesn't work or at least no function. The mainboard is a Balboa GS500Z.. Is there any knowledge that this part is the reason for this problem.
I hope that you can help me out.

br Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Reward not working anymore...
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:30:49 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis Reward not working anymore...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 11:05:41 am »
Sounds like a fuse is blown

mike159sw

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 11:27:53 am »
I've checked the fuses, but they are all ok. Otherwise it was easy  ;)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 05:51:38 pm »
Is the tub running at all and just the control panel is not lighting up or is everything dead?  How did you check the fuses?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 08:59:58 am »
 If I got a dime for every time I heard,  I checked it and the fuse is fine!    Id prolly have about 10 bucks. maybe more..

mike159sw

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 11:02:25 am »
@hottubguy, nothing is working at all. When I connect the power direct to one of the pomps, it started to work....

@ Jaczzi Jim, sorry man...I've checked the fuses with a multimeter. I took the fuses out of the mainboard. You lose your 10 bucks :P

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 11:42:55 am »
 No I lose a dime.  ;D    I am still going with the fuse, if not possibly a bad top side.   Leave one end of the fuse still in the board and check the other end.   Should read 0 if I remember right, been awhile.

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 01:02:50 pm »
Could possibly be the heater. Try unhooking the heater and see if it turns on. Very important to use 2 wrenches when unhooking the copper bands or wires that connect the heater to the PC board. Use 1 wrench to hold the metal studs that go in to the heater, and the other wrench to loosen the nuts.  If it works with the heater being unhooked, that tells you that you need a new heater.

mike159sw

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 04:21:09 pm »
@ Markee, I've disconnected the heater, but no result. I did some checks at the mainboard but after one fuse there is no power anymore. Even the light, which should have 12V, is powerless.

@ Jacuzzi Jim, You own me 10 bucks ;) I rechecked the fuses again...the're still ok.

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 07:35:13 pm »
Have you checked to see that there is 200+ volts at the terminal block where the 4 wires connect?

Is it tripping the breaker?

mike159sw

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 03:01:02 am »
@ MarKee, I've checked it at all possible ,measure points. There is at several point 220 V.
I didn't notice that it is tripping the breaker. I'm getting more and more convinced that I need to replace the motherboard  :-\

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 02:13:09 pm »
@ MarKee, I've checked it at all possible ,measure points. There is at several point 220 V.
I didn't notice that it is tripping the breaker. I'm getting more and more convinced that I need to replace the motherboard  :-\

Just for the hell of it try replacing the fuses and see what happens.  The situation you are describing is a fuse 90% of the time if not more

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 03:29:32 pm »
 Even if I thought it wasn't the fuse,  I would replace it and see before buying a 300 dollar board.

Nessuno

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 01:27:16 pm »
Not familiar with Marquis, but a few suggestions. Can you check to see if there is power to the control panel? Should be a place on the main board where it plugs in that you can use your meter on. With no power to your control panel/display, there will be no way for the motherboard to logically give power to the pumps/heater. Again, not familiar with Marquis.

MarKee

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 12:26:59 pm »
It's rare for PC boards to go bad, but it's possible. If there is a local Marquis dealer I would pay them to come out and diagnose it before spending the money on a new PC board

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 12:26:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42