What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anybody have experience with Jacuzzi, Sundance or Master spas?  (Read 3941 times)

Sher

Anybody bought a Jacuzzi, Sundance, or Master recently in the $8000-$12000 price range and have feedback? 
Thanks in advance!
Sher

Hot Tub Forum

Qrose

Re: Anybody have experience with Jacuzzi, Sundance or Master spas?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 11:18:50 pm »
I bought a Sundance Altamar over Memorial Day. It was just delivered a few days ago and is awesome. Great massage jets. It has a lounger which is fast becoming my favorite seat. They have a great reputation and I'm anticipating years of great soaking. I do live in AZ so haven't used the heater yet  ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 07:33:15 am »
Anybody bought a Jacuzzi, Sundance, or Master recently in the $8000-$12000 price range and have feedback? 
Thanks in advance!
Sher

Welcome to the forum.  My Sundance is just past 2 years old, all is well.   It was between the Sundance, Jacuzzi, and Hot Spring brands for us. I did look at a Master spa back in 2003 when I bought my first tub, but the dealer there angered me severely so we didn't buy. Since then, their representative in my area has changed at least 6 to 8 times.  A dealer in business many years with few brand changes was one of my major factors.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Quickbeam

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 11:07:45 am »
Jacuzzi J-345 for us. Had a temperature sensor go, but other than that one small item, the tub has been great. We are quite happy with it.

summerside9000

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:08:41 pm »
I have a J 470 for the last three years, Had some issues but warranty worked them out. heater/stereo/control panel/ jets/led lights/
Nice tub when you look after it. Don't get sand in the tub it messes with the spinners!
Always use a flushing product like swirl-a-way or something else. I have heard of aaawsome but haven't tried it. I got something from beachcomber the other day when I drained it and it seemed to make a difference.
Keep the water in check with chlorine or bromine. I like to start with chlorine for a few months until the sanitizer is gone then switch to bromine.
If I had to buy again I would upgrade to sundance or something else.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 01:51:41 pm »
Thanks in advance!
Sher

Jacuzzi and Sundance are good choices but I'd find a substitute for the third one! I'd see who else is in your area to go with the first two options.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Nessuno

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 10:00:26 pm »
2001 Sundance Cameo 850 series. I love the tub, but I have had problems with it. I'm a DIY so I keep it running. In the 14 years I've had it, I've replaced 1 motor, the heater 3 times, the flow switch 3-4 times, and the circ pump 3 times. Some of those problems were related when one part would go out in the middle of winter causing other parts to fail (circ. pump/flow switch/leaking heater right above the circ. pump).

The biggest gripe I would have about it is that the equipment housing is not insulated. I live in the midwest with cold winters. Once a problem happens, it escalates.

Would I buy it again? I don't know. I really honestly don't know. I wouldn't knock on anyone that bought one today as Sundance still holds a solid reputation. I did like the fact that it had to separate pump  motors in addition to the circ pump and ran off 220vac. That was pretty hot in 2001.

dave48103

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 11:20:17 am »
We've had our Master Spa LSX800 for about a month.  We love it!  We have a local dealer and they were good about taking care of a minor issue that came up.  The jets are amazing (lots of variety, each seat is a different experience) the foot blaster is incredible.  It's heavy on insulation which is great for Michigan.  I love the built in wifi.  I can raise the heat with the iphone app on my way home so it's ready when I get in.  Really no complaints so far

silverbullet

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 11:45:00 pm »
For what its worth.......My Hot Springs/Hot Spot relay is 4 months old. We love it! Plenty of jets & power! Bought a leftover 2014 model added a bluetooth stereo, Ozoneator. Just under $7.000.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 11:45:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42