What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Brand and model choice advice  (Read 13789 times)

ryan5508

Brand and model choice advice
« on: June 19, 2015, 07:42:16 pm »
I am currently in the market for a new tub in the next 2-3 month time frame. I previously owned a coast spa Lanni about 10 years ago.

In my area there are 4 main brands I am testing and checking out currently
-Jacuzzi
-Bullfrog
-Hotspring
-D1 spas

Of course every sales person tells you there tub is the best for "x" reasons. Its also funny the next shop tells you the same exact reasons why their product is better. So obviously it makes it hard for a buyer to make a good choice.

So far I have on my short list the following tubs
-Jacuzzi J-575 (tested wet)
-Jacuzzi J-465 (tested wet)
-Hotsprings Envoy NXT (Dry) testing Saturday wet
-Hotsprings Grandee NXT (tested wet)
-Bullfrog A8L (Dry)
-D1 spas Amore Bay (Dry)

My top choices right now would be between the J-575 and either of the hotsprings. Still waiting on price info for the Jacuzzi's.

J-575
pro- Jets feel amazing and different in every seat. Sleek look and lighting. Very quiet operation. Control panel is easy to use.
con- Feels a little shallow. Pillows all to low for me to use (6'4").

Hotsprings NXT's
pro- Sleek look outside. detachable control panel was best I tried. corner seats with moving jet was nice. pillow was in a better spot
con- one corner seats with moving jet was broken and not moving already. no center footwell hump to put your feet against. slightly loud in store?

Anyone care to give some advice, personal experiences on these? or recommend a good review site to read.

Hot Tub Forum

Brand and model choice advice
« on: June 19, 2015, 07:42:16 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: Brand and model choice advice
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 01:24:15 am »
Those are all great tubs and you won't go wrong with whichever of those you choose. When we were buying our tub we didn't have a D1 dealer anywhere close to us, so I didn't get to look at them, but I remember at the time hearing some very good things about them. I've also heard good things about them since.

Maybe it's just because I didn't the chance to really look at them, but if I ever did get the opportunity in the future, I'd take a hard look at D1.

ryan5508

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 02:25:32 am »
I was told that the d1 spas are owned by Jacuzzi.

The amore Bay is a extremely nice looking tub and is huge.  The problem is dry testing it was extremely uncomfortable to sit it. The Jets protrude from the shell by maybe an inch or so. I know it would be better with water but was uncomfortable without.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 11:24:32 am »
That Amore Bay is an awesome hot tub!  You've narrowed it down to some great choices.  Go with the one that feels right to you.  Make sure you are comfortable with the dealer as well.  A bad dealer can make a good spa a headache.

Quickbeam

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 11:32:56 am »
I was told that the d1 spas are owned by Jacuzzi.

Yes, I think D1, Jacuzzi and Sundance are all owned by the same Company.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 11:40:43 am »
D1 still pretty much operates as an independent company, though they are manufactured in the same facility.  They do have their own separate area in the factory.  D1 makes a great spa.  The company culture seems to be pretty awesome as well.  They still have a small company vibe even though they are part of a conglomerate.

ryan5508

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 04:01:52 pm »
Either my Jacuzzi dealer is overpriced or the Jacuzzi  itself is.

Out the door prices
400 series - $13,780
500 series - $16,960

Hotsprings envoy nxt - $12,500 (different dealer)

This is with the dealer claiming that the Jacuzzi are both at the lowest possible price. And they have been selling them for much more there.

Do these seem correct?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 05:32:05 pm »
Either my Jacuzzi dealer is overpriced or the Jacuzzi  itself is.

Out the door prices
400 series - $13,780
500 series - $16,960

Hotsprings envoy nxt - $12,500 (different dealer)

This is with the dealer claiming that the Jacuzzi are both at the lowest possible price. And they have been selling them for much more there.

Do these seem correct?

just like I stated in your other thread, that Jacuzzi is going to be spendy...based on what I know about cost/margin the price quoted is actually very in line with what they should sell for...If you like the Envoy I'd snap it up...12,500 is a killer price on an NXT version with accessories

dishdude

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 06:09:12 pm »
I bought an Envoy (non NXT) a month ago and have been very happy with it. Agree that $12.5k is a great price.

ryan5508

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 01:26:12 am »
I bought an Envoy (non NXT) a month ago and have been very happy with it. Agree that $12.5k is a great price.

Yeah I really like it so far from testing. The only issue we really have is the fact its 5 people only. The jacuzzi's at least had the cooldown seat for a sixth person. Normally it would be 4 people but we do have 4 friends over often enough. To bad the grandee doesnt not come with a lounge seat.

I just so far don't see the price difference in the brands. nothing really stands out to say this is where your extra money is going. I guess I will need to look more into warrenty info and so on.

ryan5508

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 03:39:36 am »
Can anyone comment on Emerald spas? I can't find anything for reviews. They have a dealer close to me.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 08:29:16 am »
Emerald was a nice mid range tub sort of like Nordic hot tubs. They stopped making hot tubs about 5-6 months ago though

ryan5508

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 07:21:12 pm »
Emerald was a nice mid range tub sort of like Nordic hot tubs. They stopped making hot tubs about 5-6 months ago though

Thats to bad. On their site a few of the tubs look really nice. The reversible lounge especially. The M570 and M770

ryan5508

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 07:16:15 pm »
So another question to those with newer D1 spas. Do you find the jets to be uncomfortable? Since the rings stick out so far. I like 2 of their tubs but sitting in them dry has made to hesitant to look closer at them.

dishdude

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 11:58:17 pm »
I've found my back isn't against the jets when they are on, the force pushes you a few inches away.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 11:58:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42