What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A7L - Brand new and already problematic  (Read 22685 times)

mightydrake

Bullfrog A7L - Brand new and already problematic
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:52:23 pm »
Hello everyone,

First time hot tub owner. Got delivery of a brand new Bullfrog A7L last week. Everything went smootly, got it hooked up to electrical, filled it up, heated to 100°.
Then on first test, I notice that on 1 side, the jet are weak even on highest speed. On that side, 1 corner seat emits a loud noise as soon as there is pressure on it (someone sitting in that seat). It makes a strange loud buzzing noise and vibrates. I switched the JetPacks a couple of time but same issue with all of them in that seat. So far, only 1 side (pump1) with 2 jetpacks is working fine.

Any of you encountered something similar with Bullfrog ? Inconsistency between pump 1 and pump 2 or noisy/vibrating seats ?
Do they have any Quality Control at Bullfrog Spas ?

Having problems with brand new spa, is this something normal in this industry...? I guess that's why everyone recommend to choose the dealer before the brand.

Today 1 guy from the dealer came by but he has no idea how to fix it. He will send someone else. I guess I'm unlucky and got a lemon, but it gets me wondering if I made the right decision in buying a Bullfrog instead of a Jacuzzi...
I will let you know as soon as I get any updates on these issues.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:00:28 pm by mightydrake »

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A7L - Brand new and already problematic
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:52:23 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Bullfrog A7L - Brand new and already problematic
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:38:02 am »
Stuff sometimes happens. One problem, that's barely been looked at, is not a lemon. All manufacturers, of course have quality control. I've never known a manufacturer that doesn't fill each and every spa and test them out at the factory. Keep in mine though, the spas are shipped and trucked around the country. This can on occasion have a negative effect...but you have a warranty for this type of thing It sounds like your dealer is being very responsive and I'll bet they'll take care of it no problem.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:55:35 am »
I brought my car in for service Monday because there was an issue and I was sure it was major (past warranty) and was prepared to hear the worst. The problem ended up being the spark plug gaps were off when they replaced them a short time ago. Quick fix and no cost to me.

Its too early to panic. Let them figure it out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 01:02:03 pm »
 It has to do with that rubber fitting at the btm of the jet pack. 

Sam

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 01:42:05 pm »
Bullfrog has excellent quality control, though things will occasionally happen.  They are also very good about solving any issues that arise.  I wouldn't worry at all.  They will make it right.

dporter22

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 06:22:37 pm »
We've had our Bullfrog A7 for about 6 weeks now without a single issue whatsoever.  We've used it almost every day with up to 6 people, both pumps running at high and low speeds, switched the jetpacks around, etc.

It's so frustrating to spend that much money and then happen to get the rare tub with an issue.  I agree that it was probably a shipping problem since Bullfrog has a robust quality control program and fully tests each tub before it leaves the factory.

Bullfrog Spas Support

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 12:41:25 pm »
Mightydrake,

So sorry to hear about this problem with your new spa. We are pretty sure we understand what may be happening. It is likely a small issue with a gasket on a JetPak that is not aligning. Your spa is under warranty and this is generally a simple fix. Please contact us via private message here on the forum. Let us know your name, dealer, and spa serial number and we will be happy to help coordinate the repair with you and your dealer.

All the best,

Jake
Bullfrog Spas Support

Bigralphy

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 09:51:59 pm »
I would consider that great service.  Thumbs up for bullfrog

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 11:37:51 pm »
As a sales guy and spa/service manager,  I have seen nothing short of great service from Bullfrog spas since bringing them on.  I have had customers calling me that bought older versions of the B,frog spas 3 to 5 years ago from the competition that we took the line from and they dropped those customers like a rock leaving them hanging.  The Bullfrog techs are great guys to deal with and talk too in finding the right parts for some of older Bullfrogs that I know nothing about!   

On a side note..

The company I work for is opening a new store North of Seattle.  We can't have Jacuzzi there because of another big dealer in the Seattle area but we will have Bullfrog spa's.   In fact we are selling our house and I am going to be running that store, its about 60 miles south of me.    Big change for me and my family as I wanted to die here and be buried under the tree over there which you can't see.   ;)  Anyway I look forward to the challenge and have huge support from my wife and 2 kids.   Jacuzzi Jim might have to come off the side of the company truck.  :'(   

Anyone interested in beautiful home with 6 acres 90 miles north of Seattle and 20 miles south of Canada?  I will throw in the Jacuzzi     ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:41:38 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Quickbeam

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 02:36:19 am »
Jim,

Best of luck in your new job. You helped me out a lot when we were buying our spa and I really appreciated it. Sorry that I can't help you with the house though!

holleigh

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 10:16:40 am »
We have had our new Bullfrog A8 for a few weeks now ans we are IN LOVE. Beats our old Sundance Optima is size, comfort, jets and look. Sorry you are having issues. Please post an update on their service and what the problem turns out to be.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 11:50:10 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Sorry, I'm late with that, I was on vacation.   Let us know how this works out for you in the long run.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bullfrog Spas Support

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 12:09:22 pm »
Mighty,

Thanks for communicating with us on this. Hope this issue is solved soon. Keep us in the loop and we'll be happy to continue to work with your dealer on this.

Jim,

Sounds like a name change may be in order.  ;) "Bullfrog Jim" has a nice ring to it. All the best in your new gig.

Jake
Bullfrog Spas Support

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 12:33:26 pm »
I would consider that great service.  Thumbs up for bullfrog

Agreed.  (objective opinion, don't own one or ever seen one. No dealers here in Columbus, Ohio)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 12:35:43 pm »
Stuff sometimes happens. One problem, that's barely been looked at, is not a lemon. All manufacturers, of course have quality control. I've never known a manufacturer that doesn't fill each and every spa and test them out at the factory. Keep in mine though, the spas are shipped and trucked around the country. This can on occasion have a negative effect...but you have a warranty for this type of thing It sounds like your dealer is being very responsive and I'll bet they'll take care of it no problem.

Well said, my first hot tub had what seemed like a major problem to me, turned out to be caused by a service guy at the store.   I found out later he showed a customer how to replace a gasket in a diverter valve and didn't put it back in the tub correctly. End result the first time pushing the jet button, water in my face. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 12:35:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42