What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic or Hot Springs?  (Read 2845 times)

kbingel

Nordic or Hot Springs?
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:03:07 pm »
Anyone want to give me some insights in the differences in these two tubs?  I mostly interested in electrical costs comparisons.  How would I find that out?  My electric is VERY expensive and I live in a VERY co.d area, so it is of up most importance to me to make sure a tub I get isn't outragously expensive electrically.

Then I noticed that the Hot Springs has a salt option as a cleanser and I like that idea.  I hate chemicals...so avoiding them is also important to me.

I haven't been to the Hot Springs dealer yet, planning a trip on Friday or Saturday.  Want to know what to compare, etc.

ThanksKaren

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic or Hot Springs?
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:03:07 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Nordic or Hot Springs?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:44:46 pm »
Anyone want to give me some insights in the differences in these two tubs?  I mostly interested in electrical costs comparisons.  How would I find that out?  My electric is VERY expensive and I live in a VERY co.d area, so it is of up most importance to me to make sure a tub I get isn't outragously expensive electrically.

Then I noticed that the Hot Springs has a salt option as a cleanser and I like that idea.  I hate chemicals...so avoiding them is also important to me.

I haven't been to the Hot Springs dealer yet, planning a trip on Friday or Saturday.  Want to know what to compare, etc.

ThanksKaren

You are really comparing apples to oranges there. While both make a good tub hot springs is going to be the nicer overall spa. The hot springs has more sophisticated controls, better insulation, better therapy and nicer features such as the ace system, lightning and stereo's. The hot spot from hot springs would be a better comparison. I sell nordic a and they make a nice simple spa with a much lower price tag but they aren't what I would consider high end. Compared to the D'amore that you are looking at you will probably be comparing that to the jetsetter which will prob cost at least 2500 more. Nordic makes a simple to use, simple to fix and a tub that doesn't really breakdown.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:28:15 am »
And salt is not a cleanser. It is converted to chlorine in the ace system. Chlorine is a cleanser.
Retired

kbingel

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:31:13 am »
HOTT, not sure I can afford a hot springs then as budget is tight....but.....if the electrical costs are much more with the Nordic, even with the extra insulation, perhaps it would be a better option in the long run?  How much better is Hot Springs overall electrical system vs D'amour as in monthly costs?  Is there a way to figure this out? And I havent' wet tested either but the Jettsetter seems rather shallow compared to the D/amour.  At least on paper.  Is this true?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:31:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42