What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice needed on a new hot tub.  (Read 3850 times)

Photobill63

Advice needed on a new hot tub.
« on: May 26, 2015, 12:10:03 am »
Considering buying my first hot tub. Interested in a 2-3 person tub. Main use is sore muscle relief.
I live in League City near the NASA space center (Houston area) so it is a warm climate.
Tub will be on my patio under a patio roof.
Interested in a good quality tub.

Any advice on good brands and models would be appreciated. Also the cost if you know it.

Thanks,
Bill

Hot Tub Forum

Advice needed on a new hot tub.
« on: May 26, 2015, 12:10:03 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Advice needed on a new hot tub.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:36:35 am »
Considering buying my first hot tub. Interested in a 2-3 person tub. Main use is sore muscle relief.
I live in League City near the NASA space center (Houston area) so it is a warm climate.

Any advice on good brands and models would be appreciated. Also the cost if you know it.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill,

Welcome to the forum.  Perhaps it might be best if you start by looking around and letting us know what is located within a reasonable drive of your area.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 12:22:36 pm »
Everyone has their own list of favorites but do yourself a favor and visit multiple dealers so you have options. I'd start with makers like Caldera, D1, Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, and Sundance and you'll find others like brands such as Arctic, Artesian, Beachcomber, Bullfrog, Marquis... Being in a larger city you should have many options so just go to the spa manufacturer websites to use their dealer locators to see who might be in your area, visit as many of them as you can to get an feel for their products and wet test your favorites and get a feel for the dealer and how well you think they'll take care of you for the long haul.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Photobill63

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 01:06:14 pm »
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear about what advice I'm seeking.
I'm looking for experience after the sale. All sales men are going to tell you what ever it takes to make the sale.

I want to know about build quality, what's going to last. From what I've read on here its a hit and miss game unless you really check out the companies first. Which is what I'm trying to do here.

Nothing better than feedback from people that have used the product for a few years not salesman talk.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 01:56:15 pm »
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear about what advice I'm seeking.
I'm looking for experience after the sale. All sales men are going to tell you what ever it takes to make the sale.

I want to know about build quality, what's going to last. From what I've read on here its a hit and miss game unless you really check out the companies first. Which is what I'm trying to do here.

Nothing better than feedback from people that have used the product for a few years not salesman talk.

Spatech_tuo gave you exactly that.  Look to see what's available from the brands he listed then go from there.  He gave you a number of brands that are known for quality and longevity

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 02:49:37 pm »

I want to know about build quality, what's going to last.

You'll get many recommendations here but there are other avenues you can take for information. You could look up independent local spa movers in your area and ask them "when you remove very old spas (like 15+ years old) which brands tend to be the ones that last that long?" They're the ones often tasked with taking away old nonworking spas from people's backyards so they may tell you which brands tend to die early and which ones last (such as Hot Spring).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:51:16 pm by Hot Spring Ace »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 02:57:06 pm »
From what I've read on here its a hit and miss game unless you really check out the companies first.

Keep in mind, most of the people you see posting on message boards are the rare few that are having problems. The VAST MAJORITY of spa owners are sitting at home, enjoying their spa, and have absolutely no reason to seek out a message board and post about their experience.

Make someone unhappy and they'll go out of their way to tell 1000 people, if not the entire world about it. Make someone happy, and you're lucky if they tell one of their friends.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

rustycasper

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 12:37:19 am »

Thanks,
Bill
Aqualine Hot Tubs retail high end products, at affordable prices; they are able to do this by bypassing the expensive show rooms. Nevertheless, they are committed to providing only the very best hot tubs available.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:28:20 am by Forum Admin »

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 01:01:25 am »
I would check out some of the Marquis models. Marquis specializes in some really nice smaller 2-4 person units. Build quality and longevity is excellent.  One of the more popular models is called the Spirit:

http://www.marquisspas.com/hot_tub/models/the-spirit.asp

It looks like you have a dealer fairly close, called Texsun:

http://texsunpools.com/Houston_Jacuzzi_Spas.html

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 01:01:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42