What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Vanishing ACT Pillow  (Read 5352 times)

dishdude

Hot Spring Vanishing ACT Pillow
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:38:45 am »
Is this a one time use thing or can it be saved and reused? If reusable, how is it prepared for storage?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Vanishing ACT Pillow
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:38:45 am »

gizmodo

Re: Hot Spring Vanishing ACT Pillow
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 01:00:38 pm »
They are a one time use thing.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 01:50:24 pm »
Is this a one time use thing or can it be saved and reused? If reusable, how is it prepared for storage?

It has a finite "life" to it which is based on how hard the water is when used because it basically has a saturation point which makes sense. If your water isn't very hard to start with then after use you can let it drip dry in the sun and set it aside in an open air spot and use it later again but the problem is you won't really know how much "life" it has left in it so you'll really want to check the hardness level with your test strips the second time to see if it brought it down enough. I'd really only bother doing this if I knew my water wasn't very hard to start with and maybe try to get a second use that way because otherwise its typically going to be a 1 shot deal with most people's water.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 02:32:42 pm »
Save your money and buy a portable water softener for $250-$300 is my only advice regarding those bags

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:36:50 pm »
I assume you are using this with the "Ace" system - if so, then the good news is that you don't have to change water as often. But the above is good advice if you don't have soft water available: buy a portable softener.

Also, be aware that if you have a regular household water softener, or you get a portable unit, you will need to establish the correct amount of salt to add, because it will be different than the little charts on the bottles and/or in the manuals. I am in SoCal and have several customers who filled their tubs with soft water (from a softener) and had trouble until they found the correct amount of salt needed in their specific tub. Once that was dialed in, they got good service out of their Ace systems, and their tubs.j

What we did was to add about half the recommended amount of salt, wait for it to dissolve and mix (couple hours) and then let the system do a "salt test." It is actually testing the conductivity of the water, and not the salt level (the test strips do test salt level). Next we added salt a 1/4 cup at a time until it was in the green on the "salt test." Once it tested in the green, we WROTE DOWN the exact amount of salt we had added so we had the info for next water change.

With the salt level in the green, the system comes on-line, and you are good to go.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dishdude

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 11:38:05 pm »
The delivery guys said I could use it a couple times, but the instructions that came with it said to discard it in the trash after use.

I did add half the salt necessary and ACE is online and in the green zone. PH seems a bit high...

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 02:11:45 pm »
The delivery guys said I could use it a couple times, but the instructions that came with it said to discard it in the trash after use.

I did add half the salt necessary and ACE is online and in the green zone. PH seems a bit high...

False....1 time use only as the directions state, and depending on your CH level it may require 2,3,4 of the things, that is why I recommend a portable water softener moving forward

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 02:11:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42