What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pricing on 2014 HS Sovereign?  (Read 4207 times)

Techbanker

Pricing on 2014 HS Sovereign?
« on: May 19, 2015, 04:35:10 pm »
What a great site this is.  I have found all kinds of useful information as we are looking to buy our first Hot Tub.  We seem to be honing in on a 2014 HS Sovereign and haven't been able to find any recent pricing information.  We are in Colorado and one of the dealers we are talking with has quoted ~$11,100 that includes everything including the Cradle II cover lifter.  There is apparently a promotion coming up that would be a "free" ACE system install or they would take an additional ~$600 off the price.  Does anyone have an opinion on what we are being quoted and whether taking the ACE system is the way to go?  Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Pricing on 2014 HS Sovereign?
« on: May 19, 2015, 04:35:10 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: Pricing on 2014 HS Sovereign?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 12:10:43 pm »
Some on this site will tell you the ACE system is great, but I’m afraid it wouldn’t be for me. Do a google search or even search on this site to find others experience. Some will tell you that all the problems are now worked out, but I think it’s around $800 to $1,000 to replace the cell in this system. That’s a lot of money if you have to replace the cell on a continuing basis. Again, have a look for yourself and make up your own mind.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 12:14:39 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I stay out of pricing discussions as I haven't shopped in almost 3 years now.  I can say the Sovereign is a nice tub and that price, with what is included is certainly not out of line.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

kurt6137

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 12:01:15 am »
I am located in NY, I bought a 2014 Sovereign last April, love the tub, easy to maintain and runs great. I would not go for the salt option, chlorine is a time and time again working option, if something is not broke, don't fix it. Less is more. By the time all said and done, I was about 10k, I got the high end steps, worth every penny. It has been cold in NY, so still hitting the tub hard, do you use it in the summer, not as much, but its nice to have, when needed. You can't go wrong with Hot Springs.

gizmodo

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 01:26:17 pm »
I am located in NY, I bought a 2014 Sovereign last April, love the tub, easy to maintain and runs great. I would not go for the salt option, chlorine is a time and time again working option, if something is not broke, don't fix it. Less is more. By the time all said and done, I was about 10k, I got the high end steps, worth every penny. It has been cold in NY, so still hitting the tub hard, do you use it in the summer, not as much, but its nice to have, when needed. You can't go wrong with Hot Springs.
A salt tub is a chlorine tub.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 02:34:01 pm »
good pricing...ACE at that cost is a good deal...ignore the "I can only use my brain if Google helps me" crowd and find a good sales guy to explain how to start the system up and maintain it properly and you'll have great success...if educated/sold properly the system has been working wonderful for us and we've been selling them with almost 75% of our models that are capable of having the system as an option

Sam

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 02:50:29 pm »
good pricing...ACE at that cost is a good deal...ignore the "I can only use my brain if Google helps me" crowd and find a good sales guy to explain how to start the system up and maintain it properly and you'll have great success...if educated/sold properly the system has been working wonderful for us and we've been selling them with almost 75% of our models that are capable of having the system as an option

How much is the cell and how often does it need replaced?  i've heard $800 every 1 to 2 years and you can only buy it at a H.S. dealer.  I've also heard that those necessary vanishing act pillows are like $75 each.  Seems like a very expensive system, that in the end only prevents you from having to manually add chlorine, since saltwater spas are just chlorine spas.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:52:05 pm by Sam »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 03:11:30 pm »

How much is the cell and how often does it need replaced?  i've heard $800 every 1 to 2 years and you can only buy it at a H.S. dealer.  I've also heard that those necessary vanishing act pillows are like $75 each.  Seems like a very expensive system, that in the end only prevents you from having to manually add chlorine, since saltwater spas are just chlorine spas.

2-3 years is what we're seeing, skip the pillows and use your softener from inside your home or purchase a portable water softener which is good for the tub overall anyways regardless if you have a salt system or not

cost...meh, we sell spas for 14-17k fully loaded on a regular basis...we sold a spa side teak table yesterday for $2,499...I sold a set of patio furniture 3 weeks ago for $7,000 and the stereos high end manufacturers are selling with their tubs range $995-$1,995 so I guess for most of the customers something that sells for $800 every 3 years and makes their maintenance MUCH lower and also has water that feels great isn't much of a big deal.   Lets be honest here, most of the clientele buying these spas spend $800 on lawncare costs every month
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:15:43 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 04:25:18 pm »

2-3 years is what we're seeing, skip the pillows and use your softener from inside your home or purchase a portable water softener which is good for the tub overall anyways regardless if you have a salt system or not

cost...meh, we sell spas for 14-17k fully loaded on a regular basis...we sold a spa side teak table yesterday for $2,499...I sold a set of patio furniture 3 weeks ago for $7,000 and the stereos high end manufacturers are selling with their tubs range $995-$1,995 so I guess for most of the customers something that sells for $800 every 3 years and makes their maintenance MUCH lower and also has water that feels great isn't much of a big deal.   Lets be honest here, most of the clientele buying these spas spend $800 on lawncare costs every month

As with many things in life the addition of an Ace system falls under the category of "to each his own". One person will buy a top end spa and want to add it to make their water care easier and not care much about the added cost (we don't all drive around in simple no-frills cars after all) while another will buy the same spa but just stick to a simple chlorine routine.

Quickbeam

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 02:03:41 am »

I don’t consider myself part of any “crowd” but I do want to know what I’m getting into before making a significant purchase, and if I can find information on Google I will certainly use it. Are you really suggesting the OP should not do any other research? He should just talk to the salesperson and everything will be fine? Sorry, but that just wouldn’t cut it with me.

To the OP, find out all the information you can, from as many different sources as you can, because if you’re like me, a hot tub is a major expense, and I’m just not into replacing a pretty expensive cell every one or two or three years.

If, after you’ve done your research, you go decide to go with ACE, then that’s great. At least then you’ve done your research and you’re not just relying on what the sales guy tells you.

Jrho

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 08:33:59 am »
We read as much as we could online about all the options for water care.  The ACE system is easier than the other options not that they are hard.  There are good points and bad points about each one.  With any system you have to follow the rules and not be a slacker.   With the ACE system don't over estimate your use of the tub.   I drive a Passat TDI and if I drive fast I get 45 mpg put if I drive slower I get 53 mpg.   I get enjoyment both ways from the car. 
The biggest selling point of the ACE system was that of all the tubs we tested the water felt different, ie better.   Pick the system that is in your budget and use it correctly.   Then turn on the jets, jump in and enjoy, that is why we buy these things.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 08:33:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42