What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Hot Tub, one year review.  (Read 2629 times)

Topline Mike

Jacuzzi Hot Tub, one year review.
« on: April 27, 2015, 09:51:42 am »
Our family bought a used Jacuzzi J375 a little over a year ago.  The tub is a 2013 model, and was in pristine condition when I picked it up.  This tub would cost over $10,000 if we bought new, and we picked it up for $5000 used.  I thought we did good. 

The Jacuzzi has been almost flawless.  We, of course, used the tub daily when we first got it, but as the summer came, it didn't get used nearly as much.  Fall and Winter came, and the tub was used again quite often.  There's just something about going out in 10° weather in a bathing suit and hopping in a hot tub.  Love it.  With Spring here, I changed the water again, and the tub is still getting used almost daily.  That new water also has a certain draw to it.  Crystal clear, fresh smell, hard to beat.  I was out cutting wood yesterday for 6 hours.  Came home, showered, and in the tub I went.  Ahhhhhhhh! 

I highly recommend the Jacuzzi brand of hot tubs.  A quality built tub that should last a long time with proper maintenance. 

My first fill of water, we used bromine as the sanitizer.  The second fill, I switched to the stabilizer then bleach method, and we are still using this method today.  The water seems to last longer with this method.  I use household chemicals to sanitize our tub.  Here is the list of chemicals I buy for our water: Pool stabilizer, muriatic acid, granular boric acid, and regular clorox bleach.  This is a very simple system that works. 

If you are a hot tub newbie, I would highly recommend a good test kit for your water.  I bought the Taylor K2106 kit (for a bromine tub).  I bought a few other reagents now that I switched methods.  The Taylor K2006 kit is for the dichlor then bleach method.  If you learn the parameters of your water yourself, you will save yourself a lot of time and money down the road. 

So, I said the tub was almost flawless.  The only problem I have had was on refill.  Two fills ago, I got the FL1 code upon start up.  I just hit the breaker off and restarted it, and the code disappeared.  The last fill, I had to start and stop 4 times before the FL1 code went away.  Maybe I'm filling the wrong port or something??  Just within the last week, I had a light go out on the waterfall, just the left side.  All the red lights work, but all others, there is something out.  Jacuzzi Jim to the rescue! 

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Hot Tub, one year review.
« on: April 27, 2015, 09:51:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42