What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: #1 WORST chemical website => CLOROX!  (Read 3546 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
#1 WORST chemical website => CLOROX!
« on: April 26, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »
I picked up some test strips @ LOWES.  These happened to be a very well known brand so I expected some decent support of of them but was SEVERELY dissappointed.  They show on their package that you can verify your results and treatement by entering your results on their website.

1st failure - clorox's actual website has no, zero, zip, nada on the test strip product (only cleaning products)
2nd failure - Their pool size calculator does not allow you to enter Spa information
3rd failure - Their application gives ERRONIOUS recommendations based on the information on the strips themselves
As an example, my water showed low pH & low alkalinity yet the website recommended that I add ph DOWN to the spa.
4th FAILURE - The scale is A, B, C, D, E with A at the low end and E at the high end for EVERY variable.  When you put the ratings at E for everything the website tells you that "Congratulations, You have PRISTINE water conditions" or some similar incorrect babble.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

#1 WORST chemical website => CLOROX!
« on: April 26, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: #1 WORST chemical website => CLOROX!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 10:04:25 pm »
Not sure why you expected anything different. The app is called chlorox pool. Test strips are probably the most inaccurate way to test water. Buy a real test kit or  bring  the water to your Dealer for accurate results

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 10:11:30 pm »
Not sure why you expected anything different. The app is called chlorox pool. Test strips are probably the most inaccurate way to test water. Buy a real test kit or  bring  the water to your Dealer for accurate results

The test strips label is Pool & SPA so if they are marketed that way...well, then they SHOULD help with not only one component on the label but BOTH IMHO. 

As for what works best...I've been around this site for ages (10+ years) and had a chemical test kit that recently ran out so I decided to try some strips.  Just figured I would give others a "heads up" not to buy them in the event that they see them in their local LOWES store.  With any luck the lovely folks over @ Clorox will get off their butts and properly support the product.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

mai95

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:36:48 pm »
Newbie here, I tried those with my new Hot tub, I could not take a picture of the test strip and get results from the app on my phone. In my limited experience I agree these strips are not worth the trouble.

Also as a Newbie I rely on some test strips to watch the changes after adding chemicals, going to the pool/ spa supply store a few times a week just to test the water is not an option so they do help me balance the water between my trips to the pool / spa supply store.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:36:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42