What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: confused over sundance spa programming  (Read 2761 times)

Emmasma

confused over sundance spa programming
« on: April 23, 2015, 07:51:59 pm »
 :P Hi a new member to the site and
I am now the spa person in the family and I am so confused over the programming instructions for my Sundance Capri model purchased in 2013. In programming instructions (THE manual page 55) it says you can adjust aspects of the filter/circulation pump operation which they recommend run 8 hours. Then the next page it talks about programmable filter/heating cycles (economy mode only). OK so how do those interrelate??? I know that the heating will only occur in the latter if you use economy but do I still need to run the filter circulation pump for 8 hours? The reason I am really confused is the tech came out the other day and said oh just shut off the main circ program and left me with just four cycle times when heat and filter runs I guess....oh so confused. Also I use an ozonator not clear ray on it...Can anyone clarify this? I know it is a question that sundance should help me with but I've not been able to pin down an answer I can understand. Is anyone else confused when reading the manual???? Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:56:21 pm by Emmasma »

Hot Tub Forum

confused over sundance spa programming
« on: April 23, 2015, 07:51:59 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: confused over sundance spa programming
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 09:16:42 am »
In a 2013 Capri, your filtration is done by the circulation pump only.  In Economy mode, during the heat cycles, the circulation pump will turn on if it is not on already from the timed circulation pump setting, and the heater will run for the duration of the cycle, or until the spa has reached the set temperature.  Also during this time, your ozone will run. 

In Standard mode, your spa will maintain the temperature you have it set at.  Your circulation pump will also run its normal cycle. 

There is very little benefit from using the heat cycles in a spa your size.  If it was my spa, I would put the circulation time up to 12 hours and leave it in Standard mode.  If the spa gets a lot of use, and you want more ozone and filtration, you can always bump that up to 24 hours. 

Hot Tub Forum

Re: confused over sundance spa programming
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 09:16:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42