What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decisions, decisons  (Read 4900 times)

SteveMo

Decisions, decisons
« on: April 23, 2015, 01:36:22 pm »
Dear forum members, my wife and I are planning a hot tub purchase in the very near future (Retired! yeah!).  We wet tested the Marquis Spirit and loved the features including the whirlpool and microsilk options, but while the depth of the seats were perfect for me my wife would need to sit on a cushion to keep from drowning.  we are hoping to wet test a Hot Springs Jetsetter and a Jacuzzi  J-415 if we can get the dealers to set them up for us.  Is there anything we should seriously consider in weighing our choices between these three?  Your advice will be greatly appreciated!

steve

Hot Tub Forum

Decisions, decisons
« on: April 23, 2015, 01:36:22 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Decisions, decisons
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 04:27:01 pm »
Dear forum members, my wife and I are planning a hot tub purchase in the very near future (Retired! yeah!).  We wet tested the Marquis Spirit and loved the features including the whirlpool and microsilk options, but while the depth of the seats were perfect for me my wife would need to sit on a cushion to keep from drowning.  we are hoping to wet test a Hot Springs Jetsetter and a Jacuzzi  J-415 if we can get the dealers to set them up for us.  Is there anything we should seriously consider in weighing our choices between these three?  Your advice will be greatly appreciated!

steve

All 3 are reputable brands so its about the spa itself, the deal and the dealer you'll be doing business with.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »
The Spirit is an awesome tub, and the Microsilk actually works pretty well.  Good luck in your search.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 08:23:30 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Besides all the good advice find one that is comfortable for both of you. They are out there.   Sitting on a cushion isn't fun and might limit your wife's desire to use the tub.   My wife and I spend 20-30 minutes together almost every night so her comfort was important.  I was torn between a  Hot Springs Vanguard, and a Jacuzzi 355 I think it was, but my wife floated terrible in the 355.  We were fortunate to have a great dealer and tested about 6 tubs in one night and then they filled a Sundance Majesta for us another night.  It was so worth the effort to find one comfortable for both of us.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 06:34:23 pm »
If you are checking out the J-415, you should check out the NXT Jetsetter also.  And the J-315. In my opinion the 415 is the upgraded 315, as the NXT Jetsetter is the upgraded Jetsetter.  Both are 110v vs 220v and bigger pumps and more jets on the upgrades.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

SteveMo

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 10:42:54 am »
As expected, great advice from industry experts!  thanks!

SteveMo

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 09:10:56 am »
Well, after wet testing the Hot Springs Jetsetter and the Marquis Spirit we decided to go with the 240v Spirit with the Microsilk option.  We looked at the small Jacuzzi and it really seemed overpriced for what you got.  We actually wet tested the Spirit twice and lo and behold my wife had no problems with the depth of the tub - and she loved the feel of the Microsilk.  The journey begins!  thanks again for the sound advice given here.

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 02:08:28 pm »
Nice!  I'm a big fan of the MicroSilk.  Congrats on your tub, the Spirit is awesome.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 02:08:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42