What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Seattle Area - What Did You Pay? Included?  (Read 3759 times)

cridling1024

Seattle Area - What Did You Pay? Included?
« on: April 22, 2015, 04:35:53 pm »
First post, forgive me if I'm repeating requests previously submitted. I have searched the forum and can't find anything newer regarding my subject than 2009 for my area.

We're shopping for a 5-6 person spa (4 real people) and are considering Sundance (Certa/Hamilton) & Hot Spring (Flair). I've seen a great deal of information/reviews on the quality of these brands and warranties and am confident we'll be buying from one of these brands. I've received an email price after an online request for info of:
Certa ($9,500)
Hamilton ($10,500)
Flair ($8,800 after a $700 off sale)
These all seem to include delivery, hard cover, soft cover and chemicals. Hot Spring throws in the sub-panel ($80 real value) not a big deal. I've seen people post (back from 2008/2009) of getting everything above and then some, lifters, steps, gift certificates, etc.

If you're in the Washington (Seattle or close by) area and have purchased any of these models within the last 2 years:
What did you pay?
What did it include?
Who did you buy from?

I would welcome any opinions on the models listed above or any reasons you'd choose one over the other. We're less interested in the "bells & whistles" and more interested in the strength of the jets, a lounge seat and sanitation systems (lower cost of ownership = better).

Our local dealers are Olympic in Fife and AquaQuip in Covington. I hate the negotiation process and wish it was just flat out pricing but I want a good deal for my hard-earned cash. I've been in sales before and know the game. I have also seen claims of 35-50% margins in spas. I respect the business model of a dealership and know that we all need to feel like we did well. Any help is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:45:38 pm by cridling1024 »

Hot Tub Forum

Seattle Area - What Did You Pay? Included?
« on: April 22, 2015, 04:35:53 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Seattle Area - What Did You Pay? Included?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 04:52:38 pm »
  Welcome to the forum.   I am up in Bellingham but they look to be fair prices.  Both dealers are very good, with the edge probably going to Olympic.    Not that AquaQuip is bad and you couldn't go wrong with them either. 

Where you at?

cridling1024

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:23:42 pm »
We're in the South End of the Seattle Area. Just received an email from Sundance about a "Battle of the Brands" sale hosted by AquaQuip with reps from a few spa manufacturer. Seems like they'll be offering some direct-instant rebates. Any idea about what to expect? Not sure if we want to head into a high-pressure situation.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:31:11 pm »
Both are good dealers.
Are you sure those offers don't include steps and lifts?
The sub panel truly has far more value than $80.  You have 2 220v GFCI breakers in there, a 30 amp and 20 amp.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

cridling1024

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 05:53:09 pm »
Well wouldn't you know it, we ended up going with neither a Sundance or a Hot Spring. We ended up with a Jacuzzi J-335. After testing the Flair and the Certa we were just slightly underwhelmed. So, on the suggestion of our Sundance dealer (AquaQuip) we sat in the J-335 (dry) and thought we'd give it a wet test. We went the next day down to Federal Way and got in. It didn't take long to figure out it was the tub for us. Fewer flashy LED lights, stronger or at least more effective jets and a lounge that still allowed for 4 people to use the tub comfortably. With a nice foot jet in the well/base we were hooked. Had we not seen the J-335 we would have likely chosen the Flair. The lounge is very comfortable but the numerous lights were a distraction. Aside from hearing about issues with the LEDs over time.

Along with all of the above, the UV-C system in the Jacuzzi looks to be a great fit for us. $80 per year for the bulb and fewer chemicals when used with the mineral stick. I think we'll be pretty happy.

Tub ($8,200 on Sale), delivery, cover, chemical starter kit, electrical install (sub-panel, conduit + wiring) and tax = $10,100 out the door.

Hot Tub, Fireplace & BBQ tent sale going on in Renton right now.

I'll write an update after we've had the tub for a while. Can't wait for it to be delivered on May 20th.

Quickbeam

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 12:21:03 pm »
Congratulations on your new spa. I'm sure you'll love it. We bought the Jacuzzi J-345 about a year ago and are very pleased with it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 12:21:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42