What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2882 times)

roy

« on: April 21, 2015, 10:12:03 pm »
I'm new to this forum......I have a neighbor that has a Thermospa Tow House Elite 2000D. I have not looked at it yet. She tells me that it no longer keeps the water warm, plus there is one pump that is no longer running. It's my thought that this is related. if there is a member that has service experience I would very much like to hear from you.

Please respond ASAP......Thanks very much

Hot Tub Forum

« on: April 21, 2015, 10:12:03 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 08:29:14 am »
Hello Roy,

Welcome to the forum.   Thermospa probably isn't that well regarded here, but that is mainly for the companies aggressive home marketing practices.  To be truthful, that maybe old news.  I have been around this forum about 10 years and I haven't been bothered by them in many years.

I've seen a few of the tubs themselves and I find them neither top of the line or junk. They use fairly common components, so if you have some skill or help you might find this a rewarding project. That said, there are others here more experienced in that type of endeavor.

A lot of their designs have 2 or 3 pumps and one pump has to run in order for the heat to circulate, so you theory may be correct.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:42:55 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 02:28:30 pm »
Bill is right. Most tubs use plastic pumps and pretty generic motors. If their tub has more than one jet motor/pump, you need to figure out which one moves water through the heater, that is most likely a two-speed unit. If it was leaking, it can get the motor and motor bearing wet, then corroded, and that all adds up to replacing the whole thing. Many times you can take apart the 'wet end' and install new seal and orings, but they often leak after the fact. So often, in my experience, that I no longer rebuild - I just install a new 'wet end."

Shop online, but try to find somebody nearby if possible: these things are heavy and expensive to ship.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 03:53:49 pm »
Chas,  good to see you around.   Those pumps probably are 40-50 lbs if I remember right.  After my back surgery, i'd be retired if I was a hot tub repair person.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

roy

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 09:03:00 pm »
Thanks every for your welcome and response.  Makes me want to run out and buy my own hot tub.

When I get into checking this tub out, I will let you know what I find out

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 09:21:07 pm »
Hey Bill -

I just saw Mike Rowe (new show on CNN called "Somebody's Gotta Do it) go curling!! Thought of you.
AND - I 'get it' now.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 09:21:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42