What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealer wants people to help move hot tub Question  (Read 4401 times)

Coleman

Dealer wants people to help move hot tub Question
« on: April 18, 2015, 03:01:54 pm »
Last month when I stopped at the Jacuzzi dealer the sales person wanted me to supply 4-5 people to help move the tub in place Is this common?
That just dont seem right to me I am spending my hard earned cash on a hot tub and I have to help move and set it up, I will still have to pay the people to help move the tub in When the dealership should do it.
Are they trying to get out of liabilty if something is wrong and blame it on my people? I know i can negotiate on the setup, but it will boil down to haw bad they want to make a sale!
The Hot Spring dealer said no problem and seem more willing to install everything.
What are your opinions on this subject?????
Thanks Again
Coleman

Hot Tub Forum

Dealer wants people to help move hot tub Question
« on: April 18, 2015, 03:01:54 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Dealer wants people to help move hot tub Question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 03:10:22 pm »
to me it kind of depends on the "deal"....for example a customer who is looking to save as much money as possible, maybe they are buying something used for 3k and want to explore saving even more money and in that case I could/would send a 1 man skeleton crew with customer "help" to unload the tub and save the expense of a 3 man delivery crew.  However if I'm selling a brand new 14k hot tub to someone I wouldn't even have the guts to ask them to help on delivery, that's just crazy imo, again unless they brought it up

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 04:13:31 pm »
 90%of the time we don't let the customer help.   If it's an unusual delivery really un even ground they might ask the home owner just help keep it steady till we get it in place.   Asking for 4 or 5 people to help is odd, but like twincity mentioned what's in the deal or his price?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 05:10:12 pm »
Yup, you're spending your hard earned money, and I bet if you spend a little more the dealer will provide the man power. Look, nothing in life is really free. Many things you PAY for, but they're not itemized on the bill. You still pay for them. And the delivery of a hot tub IS something you pay for. While this is something I've never heard of before, I can see a small dealer that doesn't have a large facility and a lot of employees doing something like this.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Coleman

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 05:57:35 pm »
The asking price for the J-235 was $6300 ish and the same or the hotspot tempo, the tempo dealer was very helpful in alot of questions, The J-235 dealer when asking the basic questions that is what she brought up to help unload, In the same town the maxx dealer said the same thing last year when we started kind of started looking, Which someone else pointed out in my area that the same person owns both, the person sold the jacuzzi dealership last year cause of getting very sick and needed to sell, She had some really good prices at the end but i wasnt even close to ready to start looking hard, I needed to learn alot more on hot tubs, I am the kind of guy that does my homework on products.
Thanks for the info
Coleman

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 09:52:42 pm »
Good research Mr/Mrs Coleman. Dealer comfort/confidence is a very important part of this purchase. Find comfort first. We will help you get the perks out of the dealer.
Retired

Coleman

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »
Tman! Thanks for the input, I am going by what i have learned on this forum, After reading alot of old post it seems that this forum lost alot of good people for some reason >:( but iam not here to find out why, I am wanting to learn about hot tubs so i can be a educated buyer.
Coleman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 02:38:49 pm »
Sounds to me as if he is just trying to save you a few bucks, or possibly get it delivered on a date he might not have a full compliment of employees available. I used to have a couple of full-time guys for delivery, but as the economy slowed and we closed two, then all of our stores, we had to have part timers on call, and that sometimes meant Saturday only deliveries, or after dinner during the summers. OR - my wife and I would show up and use the helpers the customer provided.

Even back in the 'good ol days' of full-time employees, we would sometimes need to call in extra manpower for a tough delivery.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Coleman

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 01:20:13 am »
Chas, Thanks again for your input, I don't normally have a problem with helping, But I work 3rd shift and all my so call friends have regular daytime jobs and not many of them will take a day off work just to move a tub plus a 30 min drive one way. This is why I am asking the question and I am wanting to see what other dealers input on the matter is ;) Plus I am wanting to see what type of dealer support I am getting with the purchase. Everybody on this forum(well most) is saying dealer support in one of the three reasons to buy from a dealer, What is the dealer going to do for me in order to make the sale? I am wanting to make it fair to both dealers that I am looking at!!!

PS Chas I have been reading a lot of your old post a lot of good info :) Thanks

Sam

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 03:57:29 pm »
I've definitely used customer assistance as a negotiating tool.  Free cover lifter?  Ok, make it so I only have to have one guy drive to your house.  I would never do it on a difficult delivery, but a simple delivery may just require an extra set of hands. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 03:57:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42