What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A7 / A8 / Grandee... the plot thickens  (Read 8603 times)

holleigh

A7 / A8 / Grandee... the plot thickens
« on: March 28, 2015, 07:15:55 pm »
We were looking at a clearance Marquis Resort but got nervous so went out wet testing again today. Fell in love with the Bullfrog A7 which we tested. Dealer had dry floor model of A7L and A8. Pricing seems high based on what other forum users have paid... We also looked at a Hot Springs Grandee floor model too. Please let me know your thoughts....

Bullfrog A7L - includes delivery, lift assist, cover, cheap stairs or $100 towards a better set and start up chemicals. $10,500
Bullfrog A8 - includes everything above plus blue tooth stereo. $12,000

Plus they will take away my old Sundance for free if I want...

OR they also had a Hot Springs Grandee Highlife (dry) floor model - $11,500

Hot Tub Forum

A7 / A8 / Grandee... the plot thickens
« on: March 28, 2015, 07:15:55 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: A7 / A8 / Grandee... the plot thickens
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 07:40:55 pm »
We were looking at a clearance Marquis Resort but got nervous so went out wet testing again today. Fell in love with the Bullfrog A7 which we tested. Dealer had dry floor model of A7L and A8. Pricing seems high based on what other forum users have paid... We also looked at a Hot Springs Grandee floor model too. Please let me know your thoughts....

Bullfrog A7L - includes delivery, lift assist, cover, cheap stairs or $100 towards a better set and start up chemicals. $10,500
Bullfrog A8 - includes everything above plus blue tooth stereo. $12,000

Plus they will take away my old Sundance for free if I want...

OR they also had a Hot Springs Grandee Highlife (dry) floor model - $11,500

What made you nervous on the marquis?

holleigh

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 07:51:42 pm »
Coming from an Optima with nearly 100 gallons more water capacity and no lounger is what made us nervous. Plus I rarely make impulse buys... I like to research. The Marquis is only on sale until tomorrow so we wanted to increase our comparison set. Ugh...

I loved the Marquis it was my husband who is 6'2" that found it 'confining.'

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 07:54:27 pm »
Oh gotcha. I'm guessing if your close enough to the Shriners and haven't been dealing with me then you've been dealing with the guys in amesbury?  If that's the case they are some of the best people you will meet in this industry

holleigh

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 07:56:51 pm »
We are in the next state over so about an hour away from Shriners.

holleigh

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 07:58:04 pm »
What are your thoughts on the Bullfrog pricing. Reasonable?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 08:07:24 pm »
Bullfrog is a nice spa. Price wise I think 10500 for that tub is in the ballpark of what I'm seeing.  I read about some crazy deals on here that people get on tubs but there is usually more to it. Like the tub was a wet demo or it's been sitting on the floor for a long time. If I've had a tub in stock for 4-5 months I'm more apt to give a better deal on it to turn over inventory. I still wouldn't go 8k on a resort though lol

holleigh

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 08:14:06 pm »
We did find out the resort is actually a 2013 model... if that makes a big difference. More my budget by now I am realizing that maybe the bigger tub makes more sense since we have so many kiddos...   :D

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 08:21:27 pm »
That makes a little more sense then. Still cheap though. While the price is nice if it's not what you're looking for then the price is irrelevant. My short list of tubs that I really like include marquis, sundance, hot spring, caldera and jacuzzi. The two tubs I'd say to check out in the marquis line would be the epic and the euphoria. Sounds like more what you're looking for. That was no knock on bullfrog I just don't know enough about them. One of my friends just brought them in to his store so I hear about them and saw a few a couple weeks ago

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 01:05:29 pm »
Wet test the Marquis Epic if you're looking for a bigger spa, that's my favorite

d00nut

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 10:02:38 pm »
I'll just say that Grandee at that price is way low.  That's my spa of choice, and I just never see it that low... ever.

holleigh

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 09:37:33 am »
We love the jetpacks and have narrowed it down to the A7L or the A8. Leaning toward the A8.

Wondering if we will miss the waterfall or the Lounge?

Final price is $12k delivered.
Tub, circulation pump, ozone, lights, bluetooth sound system, cover, cover lift, $200 credit towards stairs of our choosing, delivery.

Any feedback at this point would be most appreciated!! Going in to pay later today...
 ;)

A7L is $10,5 with all the same features less the music; and not certain about circulation pump. It does have the waterfall and the lounge options.

trichert

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 07:20:44 pm »
Something is wrong with the Grandee .. this price is way too low for a new Grandee even a floor model.

holleigh

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 07:28:46 pm »
Grandee includes only cover - no stairs, lift and not sure about delivery. But we are interested in feedback on the Bullfrog mostly if anyone has anything to offer!

trichert

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 08:34:32 pm »
If you can get the Grandee for that you need to buy it and resell it immediately instant profit.  Something just isn't right about that price the stairs and cover lifter are minimal costs.  Around here you can't buy a Grandee for under $13,000 and that is if it is a floor model and the dealer is desperate.  I've seen some occasionally lucky person in timbucktoo get one for $12,500 but that's about the lowest I've seen on any legit sale. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 08:34:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42