What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need to drain indoor tub because we are moving, but it is not sanitized?  (Read 1538 times)

KungFuEnglish

Hello!

We are moving out of our primary house in a few weeks. We have an indoor Sundance 880 Marin tub.

Unfortunately with all the hectic procedures the last few weeks I have fallen behind on sanitation and the tub water is green and stinky. The balance is ok. I have been using the Sundance equivalent Nature2 system with DiChlor for this.

Since we are moving, we are unsure if we will be taking the tub with us. For the time being, we are going to leave it with the house and see if whoever buys it wants to keep it. I won't be able to visit every week and keep up with water sanitation.

My plan is to do some sort of super shock to sanitize the system and then drain it until we figure out what we are going to do.

What is the best way to go about this?

Should I just use a bottle of bleach and then drain it? Should I use a spa flush type?

When I drain it, do I need to blow out all the lines as well?

There is no risk of freezing since it is indoors. Even if we move it, it will be spring/summer and will be above freezing consistently.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
If it's super chlorinated leaving a little in the lines for a short time will be OK.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42