What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bulfrog model A7L  (Read 5237 times)

Hopvader

Bulfrog model A7L
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:20:04 pm »
Replacing a 15 year old Grande Hot Springs. Narrowed the choice down to Jucuzzi J-375 , Sundance 880 Cameo, and now Bullfrog A7L. Really impressed with Bullfrog's modular engineering and no wood to rot. Note that Angies List gave the local Austin dealer their Super Service award. Any feedback on Bullfrog would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Bulfrog model A7L
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:20:04 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bulfrog model A7L
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:11:01 pm »
Bullfrog makes a nice spa. The biggest drawback to them is the jet paks take up a lot of room.  If you sit in a 7x7 jacuzzi and a 7x7 bullfrog the jacuzzi will feel bigger. The jet pak is a good idea but you can just as easily move from seat to seat to get the same idea and the jet paks get costly if you buy spares. How are they priced compared to other tubs?  They have come a long way in the last few years in terms of quality. I recently saw some of their new designs as a friend of mine picked up that line and was impressed. The abs frame to me is overrated as a high quality pressure treated frame will outlast the tub itself. You are looking at 3 tubs that I hold in a high regard. I like the fact that they are made in the US. I sell marquis tubs and them and bullfrog are 2 of the few that aren't made out of the country anymore. Good luck in your search

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:54:45 pm »
Bullfrog makes a nice spa. The biggest drawback to them is the jet paks take up a lot of room.  If you sit in a 7x7 jacuzzi and a 7x7 bullfrog the jacuzzi will feel bigger. The jet pak is a good idea but you can just as easily move from seat to seat to get the same idea and the jet paks get costly if you buy spares. How are they priced compared to other tubs?  They have come a long way in the last few years in terms of quality. I recently saw some of their new designs as a friend of mine picked up that line and was impressed. The abs frame to me is overrated as a high quality pressure treated frame will outlast the tub itself. You are looking at 3 tubs that I hold in a high regard. I like the fact that they are made in the US. I sell marquis tubs and them and bullfrog are 2 of the few that aren't made out of the country anymore. Good luck in your search

The jetpack really do not take up anymore room and Bullfrogs R7L is 7'4 X 7'4  now the J-375 is 7'6 X 7'6 so a bit bigger.  The thing I like about the Bullfrog specially in the lounge model, you can change the pack out.   In a Jacuzzi, Sundance and the HS spa or any other for that matter the lounge is what it is, FOREVER.  Least with the B,frog you can change it.  The ABS structure is nice and a great selling tool but in all reality treated wood last a really long time.     The one place the Bullfrog really lacks in some of their spa's is foot jets.  They do have them in the A8 but nothing really in the A7 or R7 series.

ORDucks

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 02:31:43 am »
In my recent search for a hot tub we wet tested several brands and settled on a bullfrog R7L. If you do wet test make sure they trade out the packs until you figure out which ones you want cause If you order you can pick whatever one you want. One thing that sold us was apparently my torso is taller than normal so I simply didn't fit in a few of the other manufacturers.  With the bullfrog my wife can put the neck massage jet pack in a shallow seat and it will fit her perfect. I can put it in the deep seat and it will fit me. So the ability to move the jet packs around was big.

Interface

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:14:55 am »
We had our first soak at home last night in our A7. I love it. Everyone was happy. Super comfortable. Kids liked sitting by the water fall, wife was smiling ear to ear. I am quite happy with the construction and pan it sits on as well.  Obviously it's still early but I can't see our opinion changing in the near future. Good luck!

meriflower

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 08:07:22 pm »
Have owned our Bullfrog for a little over a year.  Zero problems and very happy with our purchase.  My favorite seat is the lounger and I like being able to change to different jet oaks.  Easy operation, easy to use. 

holleigh

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 08:15:20 pm »
If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your A7?

Hopvader

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 12:38:17 pm »
Holleig, Quote for Bullfrog A7L, cover, lift, chemicals, and 100 mile delivery is $11,700 less Angies List 5%  and 2% cash, totals $10,881. Visiting Austin, TX dealer to wet test and negotiate pick up and trade-in of 15 year old Grandee Hot Springs (rotted wood frame, leaks, and and brittle pvc plumbing that can not be repaired, after repairing 2 other leaks the past 3 years).
Would others comment on this A7L price vs what they have paid recently. Also thanks for all of the other reply postings!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 12:38:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42