What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which spa kit to buy?  (Read 1613 times)

Biohazard58

Which spa kit to buy?
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:48:49 pm »
Hello all,
I recently bought a house with a 6 person hot tub, and from asking around to friends of the previous owners I've found out it hasent been used in quite some time it was full of leaves and stuff but I cleaned it out and so on and the shell looks to still be in very good condition. I climbed underneath and the hoses and all bulkheads look good to. Now comes the questions the pump itself was completely missing and it had a heater/control it was a tornado series unit was rusted and just looked rough so I pulled it out. There also was a 1hp blower that looks to be in great condition. From my research Ill need a spa kit to replace everything. My question is what brand of kit should I get?  What's a good reliable brand? Also anything else I should know? Or anything to check?   This is my first hot tub.  But I have experience with pools

Hot Tub Forum

Which spa kit to buy?
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:48:49 pm »

Biohazard58

Re: Which spa kit to buy?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 04:40:21 pm »
I've learned a bit more through research and answered a few of my own questions.   My current hoses are 1.5inch I/d    So by my reading I can't use any larger than a 2hp 48 frame pump on this.   Is this correct.    I counted 12 outlets total so I'm reading 2hp is the minimum I need.  Does this all sound correct?   Also the blower that comes with the spa guys back is 110v but the pack is 220v.  Is there some way that it reduces voltage internally for the blower?

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Which spa kit to buy?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 04:40:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42