What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 7284 times)

holleigh

Marquis
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:11:49 pm »
Hello! We have owned a SUNDANCE OPTIMA since 2000. Sadly it is on it's last legs. Yesterday at a local Pool place we saw a Marquis Resort Signature Series on clearance for 8k. It is a true lounger compared to our Optima which has many more traditional seats. Have not yet wet tested so I am not sure if it is too deep for us... but it seems like a great deal. Problem is I cannot find any reviews, pricing info or feedback on Marquis. Please help if you have any knowledge!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:11:49 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: Marquis
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:37:21 pm »
I think you will find most people on this forum really like Marquis. Just so you are aware though, there is one fellow on this board who had a Marquis (sorry, don’t remember which specific model he had) that gave him all kinds of trouble. Marquis replaced that tub with another one, which he also had trouble with. I don’t want to put words in his mouth, but I believe he said that the Marquis company was very good to him, but given the problems he had with two of their tubs, he would not buy another one.

That however, is one of the few complaints I’ve heard against Marquis on this forum.

MattieB

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:15:49 pm »
I just bought a Marquis Epic, and I had the same concerns that you did.  The tub felt great, but I was worried about brand reliability.  I posted my concerns on the forum, and I was very comfortable making the purchase after reading the responses.  If you search for Marquis in the search box, there are very few negative posts.  It seems to be one of the better brands from what everyone says.           

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:33:19 pm »
My only complaint as a marquis dealer is there marketing strategy. They do a piss poor job of getting there name out there. On the other hand they make a great tub.  The resort is a great tub with the loung and adirondack chair. It's a very comfortable spa.  At 8k it must be a 2014 leftover because that tub is a 10k spa. As far as reliability we have very few warranty claims on any of there series but the signatures stand out. Wet test it, I don't think you will be disappointed

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:15 pm »
Marquis is a great spa and a company that is known for standing behind the product.  There are other good spas on the market, but you would be hard pressed to find one with a better build quality and a better fit-and-finish.  The company is Employee-Owned and has been around since 1979, and is also Made in Oregon (most spas are coming from south of the border these days).  At the store I work at, we sell that spa for $11,000....so $8,000 is a killer deal.  Good luck in your search.

holleigh

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 06:55:01 pm »
THANK YOU for all the awesome feedback!!  I remember now why I loved this site so much our first time around.   ;)

Wet tested tonight and we loved it. Now trying to justify... so how long should a hot tub last? Our Optima is 15 years old and we moved it with us once to a new home. We have replaced ozonator twice, circulation pump twice, heater twice (this winter we almost lost tub due to an electrical issue); we have replaced cover 3 times and our cover lift has virtually fallen off due to the body rot. We had mice damage so had to replace lots of the interior foam with spray foam. Our exterior and our stairs have basically rotted from New England winters. When do you stop pumping money into the old and upgrade to the new? The new tub is composite exterior so it would last forever. Great deal and 5 year warranty. Thoughts?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 08:23:16 pm »
THANK YOU for all the awesome feedback!!  I remember now why I loved this site so much our first time around.   ;)

Wet tested tonight and we loved it. Now trying to justify... so how long should a hot tub last? Our Optima is 15 years old and we moved it with us once to a new home. We have replaced ozonator twice, circulation pump twice, heater twice (this winter we almost lost tub due to an electrical issue); we have replaced cover 3 times and our cover lift has virtually fallen off due to the body rot. We had mice damage so had to replace lots of the interior foam with spray foam. Our exterior and our stairs have basically rotted from New England winters. When do you stop pumping money into the old and upgrade to the new? The new tub is composite exterior so it would last forever. Great deal and 5 year warranty. Thoughts?

This New England winter has been a crazy one. I'm in southern mass and I don't remember a winter like this in forever. 15 years is a nice life for a hot tub. The exterior can be a cheap job or a rather expensive job depending on how you want it too look. A quality tub like marquis or sundance will last as long as your willing to put the money in it too repair it. It would be nice to have a 5 year warranty so your not worried about getting nickel and dimmed to death. At 15 years old I would say replace because A your getting a great deal on a premium tub B 15 years is a great life for a tub. It all boils down to if you want to keep putting money in a older tub

holleigh

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 06:05:58 pm »
Thanks again. We have 2 days to decide... that is how long sale lasts. They drained the tub already so we cannot wet test again. Any additional feedback on Marquis or specifically on the RESORT model would be greatly appreciated!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:15:32 pm »
The dealer in Northern Minnesota has survived for a lot of years. You don't survive up here if your selling a crappy product.
Retired

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 01:36:29 am »
Again, that price is amazing.  The quality, therapy, and filtration/water management system in that Resort is going to be hard to beat. Plus it's a beautiful design and a really cool shape...definitely not just a square box of hot water.

meriflower

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 08:20:56 pm »
I am the person Quickbeam mentioned in his/her post.  We had multiple issues with two different Marquis models.  We would never purchase a Marquis again due to our experiences.  Our dealer was very good on fixing both and helping us deal with the warranty issues with Marquis.  Our last was a 2006 Epic, perhaps they are better now.  I would recommend to look at, research, and wet test every spa that you have in your area.  Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 08:20:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42