What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Picked a spa but have a step question and chem question.  (Read 2681 times)

ORDucks

Picked a spa but have a step question and chem question.
« on: March 22, 2015, 12:44:14 am »
I was leaning heavily towards a caldera until I wet tested a Bullfrog R7L and fell in love, So I bought it. It's a floor model leftover 2014. Anyway bullfrog sells the DuraStep. Which I can find online for under $70.  It says it's rated for 700lbs however it doesn't inspire any confidence when using it. So is it really sturdy ?  Any other recommendations for steps besides making my own? I have zero carpentry ability and zero painting ability. Concrete pad construction is slated for the 30th so after its finished and concrete cured I'll get it delivered and set up. Last question is I was going to use the spa frog but my dealer highly suggested trying Baqua so much so that they are giving me a 3 month supply free. Anything I should know about using it other than the lesson I got today- add chem once a week on average, test strips will dictate. Doesn't evaporate like chlorine and bromine and only goes away with use. 

Hot Tub Forum

Picked a spa but have a step question and chem question.
« on: March 22, 2015, 12:44:14 am »

Bigralphy

Re: Picked a spa but have a step question and chem question.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:14:48 am »
I would do a search on baqua spa reviews.  Not very good reviews from what I see.

hottubhannah

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 09:31:27 am »
Spa frog pros: it's easy to use and not a lot of steps.
Spa frog cons: it's a hatsh chemical and will dry out your skin.

Baquaspa pros: it's chlorine/bromine free. It's uses biquianide. It's very skin friendly.
Baquaspa cons: it has A LOT of steps and you'll feel like a chemist.

I recommend using a Freshwater Silver Ion stick (this is a low chlorine based system-it's around $30 and lasts 4 months) OR Silk Balance (which is also a low chlorine based system but keeps your water balanced for a LONG time-it's $200 -lasts about 4-6 months but eventually worth the money )

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 09:51:40 am »
 Congrats on the purchase, great spa.    Baqua wise some love it some don't, and it's on the spendy  side.  Chlorine, nature 2 (mineral stick) and shock.  Still have to watch PH/ALK though. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 09:41:25 pm »
Spa frog pros: it's easy to use and not a lot of steps.
Spa frog cons: it's a hatsh chemical and will dry out your skin.

Baquaspa pros: it's chlorine/bromine free. It's uses biquianide. It's very skin friendly.
Baquaspa cons: it has A LOT of steps and you'll feel like a chemist.

I recommend using a Freshwater Silver Ion stick (this is a low chlorine based system-it's around $30 and lasts 4 months) OR Silk Balance (which is also a low chlorine based system but keeps your water balanced for a LONG time-it's $200 -lasts about 4-6 months but eventually worth the money )

Spa frog is not harsh. You keep a low level of bromine in conjunction with minerals. Works great. I usually recommend that in the tubs I sell or the nature 2 method that jim recommended

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 09:41:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42