What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Inflatable Hot Tubs  (Read 9564 times)

Inflatable Hot Tubs
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:15:52 am »
Does anyone have an inflatable hot tub? Am looking at getting one this summer.

Are they any good for the money?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Inflatable Hot Tubs
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:15:52 am »

Kev B

Re: Inflatable Hot Tubs
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 09:25:10 am »
 Most of them do not have jet action and only shoot out bubbles. They are 110 volt and can be rolled upstairs into your bedroom if you want. Most dealers have nothing to do with them and they are nothing I would want to repair or service. But you will have a barrel of hot water to sit in that will cost less than 1 thousand dollars....enjoy.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 03:51:47 pm »
I guess I know you get what you pay for, and am not expecting jets and the full works but just wondered if they are any good for what they are and if anyone had one?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:22:02 am by Forum Admin »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:05:45 pm »
I guess I know you get what you pay for, and am not expecting jets and the full works but just wondered if they are any good for what they are and if anyone had one?

Lack of comfort, assuredly weak jets, long time to heat up/maintain temp and not exactly well insulated... I'd look at good used spas assuming this is about meeting a budget as even at a low price I'm not sure I'd call them "good for the money".
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:22:18 am by Forum Admin »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 07:55:42 pm »
Get a bunch of people to pitch in on it and have a party or two or three. Then throw it away.
Retired

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 07:34:32 am »
How much would be a ball park figure for a used spa?

Water Boy

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 10:13:06 am »
I honestly think you would be wasting your money on a inflatable spa. You would be lucky to get a year out of one I bet. It would cost a arm and a leg to heat, and provide really no therapeutic value other than the hot water.

You should be able to get a decent used one in the 2-4k range. Sometimes even less than that if you look long and hard. Make sure you see the used spa up and running to make sure it is heating. Also check for leaks.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 04:16:14 pm »
I honestly think you would be wasting your money on a inflatable spa. You would be lucky to get a year out of one I bet. It would cost a arm and a leg to heat, and provide really no therapeutic value other than the hot water.

You should be able to get a decent used one in the 2-4k range. Sometimes even less than that if you look long and hard. Make sure you see the used spa up and running to make sure it is heating. Also check for leaks.

That's almost exactly what I had posted which got removed by the admin for some reason.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 09:35:40 pm »

That's almost exactly what I had posted which got removed by the admin for some reason.

You musta been naughty.
Retired

Kev B

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 09:28:53 am »
How much would be a ball park figure for a used spa?

Good deals can be found on Craigs list. Always make sure tub is full of water and heating or do not buy it. Also, it would be a good idea to have a good spa tech evaluate it before buying.

summerside9000

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 04:34:01 pm »
Check out the photo forum for some guy who got one and made it work for 400 bucks.
Now that dude is a MAcGyver if I ever seen one.

saskvaliant

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 11:40:40 am »
Thanks for the kudos, summerside9000, comes from along family tradition of never buying new if you can fix it!

andyman

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 07:13:07 pm »
My wife and I have been considering a hot tub for a few months now.  We currently rent our house so we'll have to do something portable/temporary.  Also, we are saving to buy so we have a limited budget.  We were considering a LayZ or Intex portable which are sometimes @$300 on sale.  I decided to see what Craig had to offer and spotted this used Voyager for $300  http://huntsville.craigslist.org/spo/4934050697.html   Any chance it's worth it?  Like Saskvaliant, I'm not opposed to buying a used one if it makes sense.  It gets mixed reviews but for that price (or less if he'll come down a little) it looks pretty nice, and seems more substantial and has more features than the others.  https://www.google.com/search?q=voyager+portable+spa&biw=1280&bih=636&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LvgNVe-6B8yegwT7-oOQBA&sqi=2&ved=0CCoQsAQ    and    http://wowshopper.com/hottubspa/voyager-therapymodule.htm

Anyone care to share their thoughts?  I called the guy and may go see it tomorrow,  He said it's not set up and has been in storage.  What should I be looking for?   Is there a way to check out it's function (like plug it in briefly to feel it heat and blow air)?  Also, it's 400 gallons vs 200 so will it cost a lot more to maintain (power and chemicals)? 

After we buy a home I'll likely be back for suggestions for a "real" one, but for now....   ;)

Thanks in advance,  Andy

saskvaliant

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 11:21:00 am »
Check out this page http://www.howardswimmingpools.co.uk/voyager_hot_tubs.htm Although the site is from the UK and quotes it as 240v, the rest of the info looks pretty accurate, I see from the caigslist picture the pump is 115v. The money on this one is in the "spa pack". It would be nice to set it up temporarily and see if everything still works, I wouldn't plug in the spa pack dry, it wouldn't take long for that heater tube to get really hot if run dry.  I would check with the owner if they could set it up ahead of time so when you visit you could see it all working. If they are not willing to do that then you have to ask yourself what is wrong with it?

It's not really an inflatable spa but more of the spa in a box type. Storage and transportation would be easier on this than on a bulky inflatable but since that spa pack is modular, if that is gone then you could be in for a headache.

Grateful11

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 10:04:06 pm »
My wife bought me an Intex PureSpa Bubble Spa last July and I have gotten quite a bit of use out of it 3-4 times per week. Makes me feel great when I get through with each session in it. Might do a complete review of it if but if there's too much ridicule I'll just delete if possible. It's help me decide as to whether or not I want to go to a full blown hot tub or not. Actually looked a round Bullfrog today.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 10:04:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42