What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Should I get extra filters for the Hot Springs tub  (Read 1780 times)

Debbie Rice

Should I get extra filters for the Hot Springs tub
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:37:02 pm »
I was wondering if I should get a second set of filters for the tub so when I am ready to clean them I have a set ready to exchange?

Hot Tub Forum

Should I get extra filters for the Hot Springs tub
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:37:02 pm »

Kev B

Re: Should I get extra filters for the Hot Springs tub
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:58:23 am »
Not a bad idea, but make sure you do not let the other set dry out without getting it properly cleaned first.

gizmodo

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 10:28:06 am »
I just clean them one at a time and cycle them through the locations in the filter compartment.  It seems to work just fine, and since I start away from the filter with the circ pump the only time I don't have a filter on there is when I am swapping them.  Having a second set seems like a waste.

Quickbeam

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 11:04:16 am »
If you're talking about having a second set of filters just for your weekly cleaning then I'd agree, it's probably a waste. I hose my filters down once per week (although in the winter it's not near as often). But I do also have a second set of filters that I swap out when I do a water change. When I do a water change I swap out my filters and then do a thorough cleaning of the filters that came out of the tub. They are then ready to go back in next time I do another water change. I find the second set of filters really handy for this.

girlinhotwater

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 12:27:27 pm »
I own an HS Envoy with five filters. I bought just one extra filter to add to my rotation. That way, I can have one hanging out in my basement soaking in a bucket solution with TSP overnight, rinse etc and still be able to use my spa. Once a week I rotate my filters, pop the clean one on the gray standpipe, and then clean the next one. This works especially great in the Winter when I can't easily remove and clean all five filters.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 12:27:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42