What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: leisure time bromine floater  (Read 2587 times)

pojv

leisure time bromine floater
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:57:04 pm »
Please excuse my ignorance, but we are having a Strong, Rotomold hot tub delivered tomorrow. This will be our first Hot Tub and we purchased a Leisure Time start up kit which has a floater. No-one at the place of purchase can tell us how many holes to make in the floater to disperse the correct amount of bromine.
Any help would be appreciated.
This is a 300 gal. tub.

Thank you

Hot Tub Forum

leisure time bromine floater
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:57:04 pm »

silverbullet

Re: leisure time bromine floater
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:42:06 pm »
I started out with a floater & quickly got rid of it. Its to hard to keep your bromine within the levels necessary. To many times I would open the lid and find a ring or slime & the ph & alk levels were all over the place.

I recommend you get a spa frog to put in your filter. With it, its much easier to manage your water. No surprises now when I open the hood. I jut add a spoon full of Brominating concentrate per person after each use.

Each week I also add a 4oz capful of spa perfect. Since then I've had no calcium build up in my filter & a couple small capfulls of Clafifer. Works for me.

Figuring out your water management can be tricky but once you have a system down its easy!

Otherwise I was told one notch per 100 gallons which would be 3 probably on yours......

I've been doing this for only 8 months & I'm sure there's a lot more knowledge out here then what I have to offer
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:48:57 pm by silverbullet »

Kev B

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:27:35 am »
It all depends on the amount of use. Heavy use means maybe 5, then if you leave town for a while with no use, back it down. Many people blame the bromine when in actuality it is the lack of routine and adjustments. Stay with the routine as per the Leisure Time manual and you will be fine and always keep the filter clean and ph balanced.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:27:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42