What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can anyone point me to what is the best "swim spa" out there?  (Read 10535 times)

jms7328

We don't need it for any therapy of exercise reasons. We are looking at it more for a pool alternative for the kids. I have kind of zeroed in on the arctic ocean but can't find a lot of info and the dealer doesn't seem to be the greatest.  Really don't want to spend 20k+ if there are cheaper alternatives.

This is more for recreational purposes (not swimming laps etc) any input would be appreciated-

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Water Boy

Re: Can anyone point me to what is the best "swim spa" out there?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 04:30:36 pm »
The Arctic Ocean is a really great option, but you will most likely be over 20k on those unless you found a really great deal. I am a Arctic dealer, and we sell lots of the Oceans. It has been our most popular swim spa that they offer. Kids love them as a pool alternative. Let me know what questions you have in regards to the Arctic swim spas, or what information you are looking for, and I'll be glad to help in any way that I can.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

jms7328

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 07:17:55 pm »
Awesome!! Thank you. I did get a quote $19,999 +tax for the following:

OCEAN Legend Select- 61 jets/3 pumps
Northern Lights
Peak one ozone
Forever Floor
WiFi
Microban Finish
2 covers
Starter Chemicals
Training Kit
Cover Lifts

Extras are:

4 tier stairs
Radio
Delivery/crane
Tax

Good deal?

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 07:38:45 pm »
Wow, that is a really great deal. We would sell that for far more than that, and wifi wouldn't be included. We do include stairs tho. Is that a brand new one? If so, that is a really great price. Where are you located?

jms7328

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:44:45 pm »
I suppose its brand new but good point I will ask. We are in Michigan. If its new its a great deal? Stairs i think  are $798<and the radio is $1500

Thanks

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:51:19 pm »
Yes very good deal if new. Even if it's like a demo but still has five year warranty that's a great price. Those options for stairs and stereo are right in line for what we charge. I would be all over that price if you are happy with the Ocean.

jms7328

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 08:04:39 pm »
Thanks.it seems like it fits the bill as a pool alternative..we have so many crazy rules in our sub about fences, pools, etc that we were looking at 50-65k to put an inground pool in. Lets be candid, nothing will replace a pool when you have 4 kids under the age of 12 but this might be a somewhat good alternative.  The other options were the Caldera 8 person tub and some of those which could save us 6-8k or so and still get the family wet. Just need to make sure the extra $$ is a wise decison but I dont think you will know until you actually buy one and use it for a period of time which makes it such a tough decision.

Water Boy

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 09:03:39 pm »
It's not a inground pool like you said, but a very good option that you can use year round. I've had many families and grand parents purchase it that are very happy with it.

If you do decide to go with a traditional sized hot tub, you might look at the Arctic Tundra model as well. Good luck in your search!

jms7328

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 10:36:26 pm »
Thanks again- any downfalls or issues to look out for with the Ocean?

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 10:34:41 am »
No, I don't think so. I would recommend the stairs unless you plan to build some on your own. I also would get a firm crane quote so you know what you are looking at for that. One thing you could look at, if you wanted to get the price down just a little bit, you could maybe look at the signature series which has two pumps and 30 jets, or the legend model which has three pumps and 45 jets. Like I said though, that is a great price, so the other two options might not even be that less. The Ocean is a great model, and I think based on what you said you and your family are looking for, it would be a great option.

gizmodo

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 11:00:49 am »
If you're only looking for a body of water, and don't want any of the other features of the swim spa why not buy an above ground pool and insulate it yourself?  A $20,000 pool seems like a huge waste of money given your requirements.

jms7328

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 11:31:00 am »
We can't have above ground pools in our subdivision.... >:(

they have to be inground wrought iron fencing all the way around.. We still would like the benefits of a hot tub but dont have the medical conditions neccesitating one. Thinking this might be the best route but the cost is so crazy- But we looked at the jacuzzi J495 and at the end of the day you are only talking a difference of 5k between the two.

Water Boy

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 11:56:22 am »
The swim spas with Arctic Spas are still considered portable hot tubs, and not in the same class as above ground pools. I think you know that already, but just making sure.

jms7328

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 01:06:05 pm »

Can you take a look at what the dealer sent me and let me know your thoughts on the other versions? Would you just sport the extra $$?

The Legend Series same amount of pumps with less jets .   $ 850  less     45 jets  3 pumps
The Signature series  less jets and less pumps                   $2000 less     30 jets  2 pumps

she also said I can get rid of the "training" kit and save $400- I don't think we would use it?

Thanks!

Water Boy

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 01:15:39 pm »
You know I can't speak for you on what you want. But, if you honestly think you don't want the training kit, then I would go without it. And, you can always get that later if you want it. At least now you have a few pricing options. Many times on the Oceans, customers will say, " Well, if you gonna do it, you just as well do it right, and only do it once." Meaning they will sometimes spend a little more and get a few more features to get exactly what they want.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 01:15:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42