What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Relay  (Read 11315 times)

silverbullet

Hot Spring Relay
« on: February 23, 2015, 02:52:22 pm »
My bride & I have thoroughly enjoyed our used Great lakes spa we bought used last June. We continue to use it 5 to 7 times a week.

I've recently inherited some money & have been looking at an upgrade. The one that catches my eye is the Hot Spring Relay. The local dealer has a new 2014 model on display & is asking $5.995 for it.

Is this a good middle of the line tub?? Is it a Nice price?? Should I get the optional Ozonenator? they want $499.00 for it.

All input is greatly appreciated!
Lou

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Relay
« on: February 23, 2015, 02:52:22 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Spring Relay
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 04:31:27 pm »
 You should look at the Jacuzzi J-235 or J-245.   Should be in that price range, and comes std with their Clear Ray system.    Layout is pretty much the same, as well as jetting and filtration.     

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 05:12:58 pm »
The Relay is part of the Hot Spot spas lineup, and not Hot Spring. It is made by Watkins who makes Hot Spring, but the relay is a Hot Spot. It has a two year warranty whereas the Hot Springs have a five year. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just wanted to make sure you were aware they are different.

I couldn't comment on the price quote as I'm not sure what they sell for.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:30:53 pm »
The Relay is part of the Hot Spot spas lineup, and not Hot Spring. It is made by Watkins who makes Hot Spring, but the relay is a Hot Spot. It has a two year warranty whereas the Hot Springs have a five year. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just wanted to make sure you were aware they are different.

Thanks, I see that looking at the webpage. Still would it be a good tub if its sold in the Hot spring lineup?? Also should i go with the Ozoneator (please excuse me if its not the proper name) Dealer said its easier managing the water with it. Yes he did say everything was a 2 year warranty except for the shell has a 5 year warranty.

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:36:40 am »

Thanks, I see that looking at the webpage. Still would it be a good tub if its sold in the Hot spring lineup?? Also should i go with the Ozoneator (please excuse me if its not the proper name) Dealer said its easier managing the water with it. Yes he did say everything was a 2 year warranty except for the shell has a 5 year warranty.
Oh yes, the quality of product is still quite good I'm sure. The Hot Spot line is kind of the entry level spas for Watkins, but that doesn't mean it is not a good product. I would see if you could maybe get the dealer to throw in the ozone, or get them to lower the price a bit. I personally wouldn't pay that much for ozone, but thats just me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:07:15 pm by Water Boy »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 04:45:26 pm »
Rhythm and Relay are a great value...a lot of spa for not a whole lot of money, relatively speaking of course...great closeout price you have quoted there as well

Schmingie

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 04:52:24 pm »
Silverbullet,

I purchased a Relay almost 2 years ago. Other than a couple of small hiccups (1 pump and 1 jet - both taken care of under warranty ) this has been an amazing spa. If you will be using it most days like I do (5-7 days a week)and use chlorine, I would recommend getting the ozonator. If you only use it occasionally it may be counterproductive as it uses up the chlorine. The price point does not seem too bad. I paid $6100 with the ozonator - but I am in Canada. If I can provide you with any other information, please feel free to ask.

S.

silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 10:58:50 pm »
This is what we ended up with, A New 2014 closeout model,  Ozonator, Setup & delivery, Cover with easy slide & lift, Durastep, Tax, $6007.17 with trade. We're smiling! Won't take delivery for possibly a month to 6 weeks depending on when the snow melts enough to get it in. But that's OK.

Mamba

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 03:44:05 pm »
Congratulations.....that looks like a sweet spa!

Schmingie

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 12:58:14 am »
Congrats - that looks very familiar :)

S.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 10:23:07 am »
Nice Deal! Silverbullet...we just sold our last 2014 Relay last week, there are some slight changes for '15 but you've avoided the price increase and got a sweet deal on a great little tub...happy soaking!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 10:23:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42