What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima 850 - Solid FLO  (Read 10784 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance Optima 850 - Solid FLO
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 01:38:31 pm »
  Clover, do you remember when the power was shut off on purpose or there was a power outage the circ pump would not run for 24hrs unless it called for heat, and no error code would show.  When the set temp was reached the pump would turn off until that 24hr cycle went by then it operated to what the programing was set at.   

I know Jacuzzi's would do that not sure if Sundance had the same thing, but considering they used basically the same board I assume it would have done the same? 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 01:38:31 pm »

clover

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 06:22:01 pm »
Any time I would shut the systems down, and power back up, all functions seemingly would power back up.  On occasion, the circulation pump would not come back on.  I naturally "assumed" (that is always my problem) that when the power shut down, how is the circuit board supposed to recognize it started hours earlier in the absence of power, as it had already started at 12 AM and was supposed to run for 24 hours.  Power off, logic off, but your right, no error code.

When the power was off, and then back on, it waits to be told by the logic chip what to do for it to start up again, such as a thermal demand, or the start time.  When it gets to 12 AM, it's like a puzzle coming together, it starts and runs for 24 hours continuously.  Jacuzzi should be operating on the same logic.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Dewdman42

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 10:36:23 am »
Clover that might explain why my tech here felt that after a power outage he had to reseat that jumper on the motherboard, to somehow reset the motherboard and cause it to start flowing.  He was also seeing the FLO indicator, probably because the door had caused actual water flow to be restricted somehow, but then for whatever the reason perhaps the tub needed to wait until 12am before it would turn the the circ pump back on.  Except that somehow when the scheduled filter cycle occurred, that was enough to get the motherboard to wake up and turn on the circ pump after all.  I don't know, just speculating.  The tech seemed to think that we would need to reseat that jumper on the motherboard anytime there is a power outage, but from the sounds of it, perhaps the hot tub would reset itself at 12am anyway or perhaps after the next filter cycle.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 12:02:01 pm »
A solid FLO error message is one of 3 problems. 

1: The circuit board mixing up the signal, which would be super rare. 

2: A stuck circulation pump relay, which would cause the circulation pump to be running even with a solid FLO.

3:  The flow switch.  The flow switch may be reading 50k or 100k ohms, causing the board to become confused.  If it is an intermittent solid FLO and the circ pump is not running when the error is present, a meter can be used to determine exactly what the flow switch is reading. 

wastedthelight

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 05:25:45 pm »
My hot tub has been running smooth for 48hrs. This appears to have fixed the issue. Or masked it....either way, it's finally usable.

Dewdman42

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 05:37:52 pm »
I missed it, what did you do?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 05:37:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42