What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Light  (Read 3233 times)

ashleighx0

Hot Tub Light
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:38:20 am »
Hi all, I am new and looking for help on purchasing a new light for our in-groud hot-tub. The one I have attached is the broken one, and I am looking for help on what kind of new one I need to purchase. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Light
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:38:20 am »

Kev B

Re: Hot Tub Light
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:53:39 am »
 I am sorry but in all the years I was a repair tech in Southern California, I never saw a light like that. (Most are round)Where are you from? My recommendation is to find a name or model number and then start searching out the company. Or find an old school repair tech in your area.

ashleighx0

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 10:59:01 am »
Ah. Located in Tampa, FL.  When I took the colored cover lens off to replace it, I took that to a spa store to replace it (not knowing the light was bad) and I got a replacement and it was a PENTAIR? Im mainly just wondering if any spa light can replace it in the hole in the inground spa now or does it have to be identical to this one? I found one on amazon with a 50ft cord, Just want to make sure I can do a different light?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:37:56 pm »
Ah. Located in Tampa, FL.  When I took the colored cover lens off to replace it, I took that to a spa store to replace it (not knowing the light was bad) and I got a replacement and it was a PENTAIR? Im mainly just wondering if any spa light can replace it in the hole in the inground spa now or does it have to be identical to this one? I found one on amazon with a 50ft cord, Just want to make sure I can do a different light?

doesn't have to be identical per se but it will of course have to fit into the "hole" the original light came out of and be able to be secured of course....basically my best advice to you would be to have a tech take a look so it gets done properly, that light you have is very unique so describing what "I would do" over the web is impossible, you'll need someone with experience to retrofit you a new light or somehow track down one of those which again may be impossible...my .02

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 05:30:29 pm »
Unless you feel handy enough to retrofit it yourself. Are there rubber gaskets or does that sit in a housing?
Retired

ashleighx0

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 08:32:16 am »
the pieces in the pictures connect the light goes in the middle  its just missing from picture.....i believe there was a dry rotted gasket. but in the inground spa is just a large round hole  iwas hoping a pentair 77118100 would fit.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 08:32:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42