What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Frameless Hot Tub - Fresh Newb Sorting it out..  (Read 2378 times)

Van G

Frameless Hot Tub - Fresh Newb Sorting it out..
« on: December 16, 2014, 05:17:23 pm »
Neighbour and I are looking at treating our families to spa's and I'm doing some leg work before hitting select stores for a dip & rip.

First off I'll state the obvious - there is a lot of information/marketing out there...

From reading here it would seem the brands on my short list should be Beachcomber, Artic Spa, Sundance, and Jacuzzi (we live in Toronto).

A quick search through Kijiji brought me to a company called Canada Direst Hot Tubs talking about 'Frameless Hot Tubs.' They appear to be a Clearwater and Birch Bay dealer.

Can anyone provide some input on frameless hot tubs? Do their points on wood frame rot have any merit?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:19:56 pm by Van G »

Hot Tub Forum

Frameless Hot Tub - Fresh Newb Sorting it out..
« on: December 16, 2014, 05:17:23 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Frameless Hot Tub - Fresh Newb Sorting it out..
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:46:15 pm »
Neighbour and I are looking at treating our families to spa's and I'm doing some leg work before hitting select stores for a dip & rip.

First off I'll state the obvious - there is a lot of information/marketing out there...

From reading here it would seem the brands on my short list should be Beachcomber, Artic Spa, Sundance, and Jacuzzi (we live in Toronto).

A quick search through Kijiji brought me to a company called Canada Direst Hot Tubs talking about 'Frameless Hot Tubs.' They appear to be a Clearwater and Birch Bay dealer.

Can anyone provide some input on frameless hot tubs? Do their points on wood frame rot have any merit?

Their points on wood frames rotting are absolutely true. And metal frames rusting. And no frames wear out and crack on the support pillars.

But I have never seen one rot/rust/crack in such a way that the tub wasn't just old at 10-15 even 20-25 years old depending on the original quality and just simply no longer cost effective to repair. But the frame wasn't the reason. The tub had simply outlived it's lifespan. We live in a throw away society.

If the major manufactures who sell many thousands of tubs a year using wood/metal/plastic whatever for a frame material. And rotting/deteriorating frames was an issue do you think they would still be using it?
Retired

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 07:38:18 pm »
A few others to consider might be Hot Spring, Dimension One, Marquis and Bullfrog. And as I’m sure you have already read on this forum, be sure to buy from a reputable dealer you can trust, and before you buy wet test, wet test and wet test.

Good luck with your search.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:28 pm »
You are in Toronto? Check out Hydropool.  They are built in Mississauga.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42