What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub recommendations for shorter people  (Read 6241 times)

mushigaga

Hot tub recommendations for shorter people
« on: December 14, 2014, 06:01:30 pm »
Hi, there is a 7 year old thread here about hot tubs for shorter people. I am looking for any updated info. In general I have learned the small hot tubs for 4-5 people are the more shallow ones. However, we are looking for at least a 6 person one. I'm 5'1" and have two 11 year olds who will use it a lot.

Can you make any suggestions? I also prefer a less contoured seat, and more of a bench type seating.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub recommendations for shorter people
« on: December 14, 2014, 06:01:30 pm »

kporter

Re: Hot tub recommendations for shorter people
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:21:30 am »
As you probably already found out it is going to be a little difficult to find the perfect spa when you want 6+ seats and are shorter.

The Hotspot Rhythm from Hotsprings is one that comes to mind that might work nicely. Bench seating for 6 + area for step in.

mushigaga

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:55:09 pm »
Thanks so much for your suggestion. I will test it.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 02:07:27 pm »
Hi, there is a 7 year old thread here about hot tubs for shorter people. I am looking for any updated info. In general I have learned the small hot tubs for 4-5 people are the more shallow ones. However, we are looking for at least a 6 person one. I'm 5'1" and have two 11 year olds who will use it a lot.

Can you make any suggestions? I also prefer a less contoured seat, and more of a bench type seating.

Welcome to the forum. Wet testing is definitely more crucial to you than it may be for others.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mushigaga

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 05:07:37 pm »
Thanks for the advice. :)

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 01:45:36 pm »
I agree with the other that the wet test is so very important! However, have you considered a booster seat? I wet tested the Sundance Dover (yeah I know it's a smaller size) and when a small booster cushion was place under me I found that I didn't float with it under me, it really did help with floating issue and it was comfortable. So maybe try a larger tub with a booster under you, it might help. Don't knock it until you try it...So look for spa seat cuhions and fill it with sand and ask if you could use that under you or ask the dealers if they have a booster for you to use...Just trying to help.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 05:47:18 pm »
Dimension One Nautilas
Retired

mushigaga

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 09:48:45 pm »
Thanks for your suggestion of a booster seat. We actually have an opportunity to buy a used 2012 Hot Springs Grandee at a good price, so at least I could use it without floating away. If anyone has any experience with the Grandee I would appreciate hearing about it. I have read several complaints about various parts breaking even with new models.

mushigaga

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 09:50:38 pm »
Thanks for the Nautilus recommendation.

mushigaga

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 05:27:03 pm »
I did a wet test of the Rhythm among some other Hot Springs and Jacuzzi models, and there is no question that the Rhythm is the best fit for my family. Thank you everyone!

donnaduck

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 05:05:47 pm »
I am very short as well - found the Hot Spring Aria fit me better than any of the other 12 we wet tested!  The others I felt all I did was float to the top and couldn't really relax at all.  This one fit our bill and yet was comfortable enough for my husband as well. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 05:05:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42