What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anxiously waiting for our new J-385 to arrive  (Read 4702 times)

watson524

Anxiously waiting for our new J-385 to arrive
« on: November 28, 2014, 11:23:54 pm »
Well we did it, we went and ordered a Jacuzzi J-385 today. Will take about 6 weeks to come in. Hopefully that's worst case since I leave for FL for the month of February so my husband will get all the early fun. We had wet tested the J-480 too but the lounge didn't pound the calves the way we had hoped and the cover sits up really high making placement odd so we decided the 385 was a better option.

Shout out to Jacuzzi Jim too for answering some sidebar questions and helping us with the process.

Hot Tub Forum

Anxiously waiting for our new J-385 to arrive
« on: November 28, 2014, 11:23:54 pm »

summerside9000

Re: Anxiously waiting for our new J-385 to arrive
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 05:11:34 pm »
Awesome choice. I wet tested that one and it was very nice. Ended up going with a discounted 470 and after the bugs have been worked out it is sitting on the deck nicely at 98 degrees and its - 30C outside.

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 08:53:09 pm »
Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Sam

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 03:38:32 pm »
Yay!  Grats on your new spa.  You picked a good one  8)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 05:46:06 pm »
  You picked a great spa and glad I could help with your questions..

watson524

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 03:30:47 pm »
Tub came in early and is currently at dealer being wet tested and gone over. They'll call us for delivery but possibly next week before the holiday. Good thing we got the pad and electrical done early! Merry Christmas to us! Can't wait!!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 04:41:40 pm »
Tub came in early and is currently at dealer being wet tested and gone over. They'll call us for delivery but possibly next week before the holiday. Good thing we got the pad and electrical done early! Merry Christmas to us! Can't wait!!

Congrats on the new spa!......just curious why they would wet test and "go over" a brand new hot tub that's been wet tested and "gone over" before it shipped from Jacuzzi? I've never heard of such a thing but if true I'll give them major props for being an incredibly thorough dealer which is of course great news for you while you own the spa  :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »

Congrats on the new spa!......just curious why they would wet test and "go over" a brand new hot tub that's been wet tested and "gone over" before it shipped from Jacuzzi? I've never heard of such a thing but if true I'll give them major props for being an incredibly thorough dealer which is of course great news for you while you own the spa  :)

That is kind of odd,  but good on them.   I am sure it will work out great for you!   

watson524

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 10:39:09 pm »
When we were buying it they said they like to do that because "tho it's rare, things do happen in shipping" and they felt it was better if they caught them in the store before delivery vs getting it out here and having an issue. My husband stopped by the store unannounced yesterday to check the fitting size on the control box and sure enough, it was unpacked, hooked up to power and filled with water and the one tech said he would be checking all the jets in the afternoon. Even got a picture of it so I can drool for a bit until it gets here :)

Really like this dealer so far. They came recommended from a friend of ours who has another brand that they were selling years ago so they go back almost 20 years that I know of.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 07:39:24 am »

Glad to hear it, what a great Christmas present!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bobaloo

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 09:12:28 am »
Congrats!  Post pics when ready.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 09:12:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42