What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacing tiger river Bengal, advice much appreciated!!  (Read 2965 times)

bpb53

Replacing tiger river Bengal, advice much appreciated!!
« on: November 16, 2014, 06:38:10 am »
I live in UK. Our tiger river Bengal has given great pleasure for the last 15 years but is now reaching the end of its natural!  I want to be ready with a replacement when it finally dies.

we rarely use the lounger as I'm too short and my husband can't be bothered to move once he's comfortable, so think this time we will go with just seating. We really like the foot jets.

The hot springs dealer has suggested Prodigy ( no foot jets) , Vanguard, love the idea of motor massagers, but the main contender seems to be a Pulse, no motor massager but substantially cheaper than the Vanguard.

I don't know other brands, Sundance have been inundating me with emails with wonderful American deals since I started looking.  We looked at Artesian, but have since been warned that they are expensive for what's on offer.  Arctic spas is another contender.  I just don't know where to place us it's been so long, 15 years ago there wasn't much choice in the UK and I think we lucked out on getting a fabulous tub that has given us so much pleasure.

We don't want bells and whistles, we use it almost daily and it is mostly just the 2 of us, chewing things over, enjoying the stars and the garden, though friends join us occasionally.

I would really appreciate some suggestions on what the best options are in 2014.

Criteria
Seating for 5/6/7
Energy efficient
Foot jets
Hydro massage for back and shoulders preferred

Many thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Replacing tiger river Bengal, advice much appreciated!!
« on: November 16, 2014, 06:38:10 am »

Sam

Re: Replacing tiger river Bengal, advice much appreciated!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 05:03:08 pm »
Villeroy and Boch is the EU distributor for Bullfrog Spas.  They are certainly worth a look.  They have a very unique, patented design called JetPaks which is a modular system of interchangeable hydrotherapy packs. 

http://www.villeroy-boch.com/our-products/bath-and-wellness/products/whirlpools/outdoor-whirlpools.html

I recommend doing a test soak.  The jetpaks really do offer great massage.  My favorite is the oscillator.  It basically does a figure 8 on your back. 

Getting another Hot Spring isn't a bad idea either.  Yours has been great for 15 years.  There's a reason they have such an excellent reputation. 

You also mentioned Artesian.  I'm not sure why someone told you that they are expensive for what they offer.  I have found them to be great spas that are very reasonably priced.  Check out their Island Spas line.  Their water treatment system is really good.  It's called Crystal ProPure.   They are very well made spas and have been around a long time.

You mentioned Arctic as well, which is another good one.  They are very well made and have a solid reputation.  In my experience they are a little overpriced, but their customers tend to be very happy with their purchases.

Good luck!  Happy hot-tubbing.

bpb53

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 05:21:10 am »
Many thanks Sam, hadn't heard of Bullfrog, will look into them, the Artesians looked nice and weren't overpriced but my maintenance guy - who deals with all spas - said they were overpriced for what they were, so I haven't been back, plus the dealer hadn't heard of tiger river ( I feel you should know your subject; even though tiger river is no longer with us, Watkins is a well known, respected manufacturer )

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 02:23:09 pm »
You've already noted that Tiger River is no longer made, so just an FYI I'll post the 2 current models that are "closely" related to the Bengal...yes they will look nothing like your old Bengal but are similar in size, use the same filter as the Tiger River's did, same circulation pump, similar topside control (although updated) etc.

going off memory the Bengal I believe is 6' 7" x 7' 2" x 33"

Limelight 'Glow' model, no lounge but pretty close in size at 6' 4" x 7' x 33": http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/limelight/4-person-hot-tub-glow

Limelight 'Flair' model, lounger and close again at 7' x 7' x 36" deep: http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/limelight/6-person-hot-tub-flair

edit: and I just read you don't want a lounge so I'll throw this out there as an option, this is a 7' x 7' x 36" with no lounge...doesn't have some of the features of the Limelight collection models above but its an incredible value/bang for your buck...'Rhythm' model: http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/hotspot/7-person-hot-tubs-rhythm-value-priced-hot-tubs
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:25:31 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

bpb53

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:11:03 pm »
Thank you Twin Cities

A non local dealer suggested the Flair, but when I tried to make contact again, he had gone out of business  😩

Our local dealer was steering us towards a Pulse, but I'm only 5' and that baby is DEEP!

Glow and Rhythm haven't been suggested by any one before, I'll look into it, many thanks.

We are very tempted by the Vanguard.
Regards B

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:11:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42