What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A7 And Jacuzzi J-345 Price Checks  (Read 14771 times)

gizmodo

Bullfrog A7 And Jacuzzi J-345 Price Checks
« on: November 09, 2014, 03:24:16 pm »
Hi everybody.  My wife and I are starting to look into buying a hot tub.  I've been reading this forum over the past few weeks.    We've never owned a hot tub, but I grew up with an inground pool in our back yard.  So far we have wet tested the Bullfrog A7.  We are also looking at a Jacuzzi J-470 and possibly the J-345.  After our wet test the dealer said the price of the A7 (basic A7, no stereo, cloud control, etc) was $11,725 plus tax.  The Jacuzzi dealer offered us the J-345 for $9600 plus tax.  We didn't ask for a price on the J-470 yet.  Unfortunately the Jacuzzi dealer only has a 470 filled, so we wouldn't be able to wet test the J-345.  We also looked at the Marquis Euphoria, but the dealer wouldn't talk very much about the chemical cartridge setup and was somewhat evasive when pressed about chemicals, so we have ruled out Marquis simply because of that.  If that is a mistake, let us know!  My understanding is that the dealer is almost as important and the spa you buy though.

All prices include cover, cover lift, steps, delivery and chemicals.

How do the two prices we have so far sound?  We are in Minnesota.  I know it can vary widely. 

Also, if there are any other tubs we should consider feel free to post up.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A7 And Jacuzzi J-345 Price Checks
« on: November 09, 2014, 03:24:16 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Bullfrog A7 And Jacuzzi J-345 Price Checks
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 09:25:51 pm »
Have you checked out Hot Spring, Sundance and Caldera?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

gizmodo

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 10:32:16 pm »
Hi hottubdan.  We looked at the Sundance hot tubs and plan on visiting the Hot Spring dealer in our area.  We weren't planning on looking at Caldera.

Chartreux

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 10:49:07 pm »
Sundance has nice spas you should look at them and ask about a wet tests, Keep us posted as to what you decide on, and yes having a dealer that will work with you is very important and you should trust the one you buy your hot tub/spa from...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 11:21:16 am »
Hi hottubdan.  We looked at the Sundance hot tubs and plan on visiting the Hot Spring dealer in our area.  We weren't planning on looking at Caldera.

I'll let others comment on pricing but between Bullfrog, Caldera, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, and Sundance you've hit on 5 of the top spas so you really can't go wrong, its a matter of which one works best for you and within your budget. The one you decide on will be with you for years so by all means take your time and visit them all and wet test your top 3 or so and go with whichever wet tests best and has a dealer you feel comfortable with.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Topline Mike

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 11:22:07 am »
That price seems high for an A7.  I was quoted 11.8 for an A8.  I ended up buying a Jacuzzi J375, and love it.  Madison, WI area. 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 11:31:17 am »
gizmodo if your in the Twin Cities area I could show you some Hot Spring models if you'd like  :)

gizmodo

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 11:41:34 am »
Sundance has nice spas you should look at them and ask about a wet tests, Keep us posted as to what you decide on, and yes having a dealer that will work with you is very important and you should trust the one you buy your hot tub/spa from...
They seemed like a nice spa, but the lady we talked to didn't seem interested in selling a tub.

I'll let others comment on pricing but between Bullfrog, Caldera, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, and Sundance you've hit on 5 of the top spas so you really can't go wrong, its a matter of which one works best for you and within your budget. The one you decide on will be with you for years so by all means take your time and visit them all and wet test your top 3 or so and go with whichever wet tests best and has a dealer you feel comfortable with.
Thanks for the advice!  We are in no rush and I wouldn't be surprised if we hold off buying until the spring since we are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow today and we don't have a place to put it yet.

That price seems high for an A7.  I was quoted 11.8 for an A8.  I ended up buying a Jacuzzi J375, and love it.  Madison, WI area.
That's what I was thinking too.  The odd thing is the first time we were in the store he told us the price of the floor model and then mentioned everything it includes.  After our wet test we asked him for a price and then he wrote a number, listed all the stuff that comes with (cover, etc) and added a price for those and then showed us the "deal" we would get.  Up until that point he had done a good job of not being a salesman.  That trick left a sour taste in our mouth.  I even tried calling the other two Bullfrog dealer in Minnesota but it appears as though they all are owned by the same person/company because they told me to call the one we had visited.

gizmodo if your in the Twin Cities area I could show you some Hot Spring models if you'd like  :)
We are in Farmington.  We were planning on heading to the Lake Elmo store tonight if the weather isn't too bad.  Would that be your store?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:43:18 am by gizmodo »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 01:21:33 pm »
They seemed like a nice spa, but the lady we talked to didn't seem interested in selling a tub.

Thanks for the advice!  We are in no rush and I wouldn't be surprised if we hold off buying until the spring since we are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow today and we don't have a place to put it yet.

That's what I was thinking too.  The odd thing is the first time we were in the store he told us the price of the floor model and then mentioned everything it includes.  After our wet test we asked him for a price and then he wrote a number, listed all the stuff that comes with (cover, etc) and added a price for those and then showed us the "deal" we would get.  Up until that point he had done a good job of not being a salesman.  That trick left a sour taste in our mouth.  I even tried calling the other two Bullfrog dealer in Minnesota but it appears as though they all are owned by the same person/company because they told me to call the one we had visited.

We are in Farmington.  We were planning on heading to the Lake Elmo store tonight if the weather isn't too bad.  Would that be your store?

I sent you a private message...Thanks

meriflower

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 12:44:42 pm »
Hey we're in Farmington too!  :)  We have Bullfrog and love it!  Going on 10 months and have had zero problems.  Because of that I can't tell you how our dealers service department is.  I can tell you the delivery and setup was quick and efficient, everything was delivered and setup as promised and they took away my old spa. The Bullfrog dealers are all owned by one store which is located in Rochester.  Before owning Bullfrog we did own two Marquis spas.  We didn't have very good luck with Marquis but the dealer was good on coming out for repairs and being a good go-between with Marquis.  What other brands that are here in the Twin Cities - a lot!  Other brands that we seriously considered were Hot Spring and Arctic.  Take your time and do a lot of wet tests.

SCbarber

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 10:19:11 pm »
We paid $10,4 OTD for our A7 with steps and cover and we love it.

gizmodo

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 06:29:05 pm »
Just an update on this.  We went and talked to Eric (TwinCitiesHotSpring) today and are going back to do a wet test tomorrow.  We are excited to get into another tub and see how it compares.  Eric was really helpful and was a great guy to talk to.  If anyone is in the area and looking for a hot tub you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not at least talking to him.

SCbarber - Where are you located?

gizmodo

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 01:38:19 am »
We ended up buying a Hot Springs Envoy NXT with the Ace Saltwater System.  My wife and I both felt the seats were more comfortable in the Envoy than the A7, and we just fit better.  We placed the order today, Montery Gray cabinet and Ice Gray shell!  We can't wait for it to arrive.

As before Eric was awesome in the process.  Not that we plan to anytime soon, but I would definitely buy another hot tub from him again!

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 12:26:29 pm »
We ended up buying a Hot Springs Envoy NXT with the Ace Saltwater System.  My wife and I both felt the seats were more comfortable in the Envoy than the A7, and we just fit better.  We placed the order today, Montery Gray cabinet and Ice Gray shell!  We can't wait for it to arrive.

As before Eric was awesome in the process.  Not that we plan to anytime soon, but I would definitely buy another hot tub from him again!

There are a lot of varying opinions on this site but one thing we all agree on is WET TEST so kudos to you for taking the proper approach and congrats!!!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 12:57:04 pm »

Thanks again for the business, I've already submitted it to be ordered....grey on grey NXT w/ a slate cover, such a good choice, Envoy is a a top dog spa imo!

oh and just remember those fire tables, make sure you show your wife: http://www.outdoorrooms.com/   8) free delivery and setup on any of the tables

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 12:57:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42