What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Opinion  (Read 3781 times)

gziotek

Hot Tub Opinion
« on: October 26, 2014, 05:43:19 pm »
Hi.
New to the forum.
Considering purchasing my first hot tub.
Have it down to two models.
Marquis Broadway vs. the Hydropool SE5.
Price is about the same.  Comfort is about the same.
Both are 110V plug n play units.

Not sure if anyone has any opinion?

Thanks and regards
George

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Opinion
« on: October 26, 2014, 05:43:19 pm »

Isaac-1

Re: Hot Tub Opinion
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:18:17 pm »
Marquis is a good well known fairly respected name, from a limited search of the forum because I don't know much about them it seems hydropool may be less so, and there is talk of a bankrupcy issue a few years ago, so you may want to google about it some.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 10:42:07 pm »
The broadway is a nice tub. It is part of the marquis celebrity line. Like everybody else's entry level tub it's made to meet a price point though it has some nice features that are found on their more expensive tubs. The lighting is better on these then the standard lighting on their higher end tubs. It uses the same pump as their upper level tubs. It is insulated the same way as the hydropool. For the money the tub is well worth it. I am a marquis dealer and I was a former hydropool dealer. While I liked the hydropool I feel the marquis line are better made, have better factory support, plus they are made in the USA. All the equipment on the marquis is balboa which is a respected manufacturer of controls and PC boards. What is the price you are being quoted?  You should be able to get a good deal on a 2014 leftover because marquis did make a couple of changes to the line for 2015

gziotek

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:00:59 pm »
Hi thanks for the tips.
I live southern Ontario Canada - so my prices may be higher than in the US.
I am getting all in price for the 2014 Broadway for about $5000. 
This is for the 110v plug n play.

A dedicated 110v 15amp circuit is all you need for these units - correct?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 06:37:05 pm »
That's a pretty good price. I'm selling my two leftovers for about that. Yes all you need is a 110 15 amp dedicated outlet. Good luck on your upcoming purchase!

gziotek

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 09:40:29 pm »
thanks for your help!

gziotek

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 03:40:33 pm »
One last question.
I have heard that the insulation on the Broadway is not a good as on other manufacturers.
Is this true?

Living in southern Ontario, we do acutally get winter here so i want to make sure that the Broadway will stand up to the weather.

Any opinion?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 08:13:29 pm »
It will be comparable to the hydropool.  Marquis has 3 different lines with 3 different types of insulation methods. Signature are full foam, E-series are foam over plumbing and celebrity use a insulating barrier on the cabinet which traps the heat inside the cabinet. For extra insulation you could spend $100 at Home Depot and put some insulation in bags and Stuff it in the cabinet. The way it comes is not as insulated as full foam but it's not bad. I'm in New England so it gets cold here also and I haven't heard any nightmare electric bills yet

gziotek

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:21:49 pm »
thanks again!! :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:21:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42